Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone who will let me borrow their hardtop for a track inspection. I have a track in west Michigan who will allow our cars to run "with a hardtop", problem being that they need to see it before they will just approve something for me. I'd rather not purchase a hardtop and find out they don't want to approve it.

I'd like to borrow (or have you drive here if you so desire) your top for an inspection. I'd meet you somewhere, install it on my car, and meet you a few days later to return. I promise to take great care and NOT race with it!

Anyone have one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
No luck yet...

I would like to get out to Gingerman with you sometime if they let you run...

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to get out to Gingerman with you sometime if they let you run...
I'd love to do that... just need to find a top to borrow so that I can get the top approved through their tech inspection.

Once that happens, I'll buy a top of my own... just don't want to spend the cash if it's not going to be approved as I wouldn't use it for any other purpose than race day.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Shoulda known you were talking about Gingerman. Drove by it a few years ago and my wife took notice. After we got the Sol this spring she inquired about running it. Buddy told me about the hard top rule. She took it kinda badly. lol!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**BUMP** Still looking for a hard top. I have another track day coming up in September I'd like to borrow one and get these approved so others know if we should purchase them for racing here.

I'm willing to pay you a reasonable amount for borrowing your top, as well as pick up and delivery after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts