Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended the Boston area ride and drive today. As universally reported by all who see them the cars are very impressive in the flesh. No disappointments re: colors, general visual impression (fit & finish etc.), or performance. Plenty of room inside (I'm 6'2" and 235lbs with 32" inseam). Honda and Miata were on hand and faired quite poorly in comparison . Hard to get any neg feedback from staff on hand. One member with a lot of drive time said there was some glare from lighter interior. Next stop for this group will be King of Prussia. Didn't tell me which days but finish in Boston area on tues pm (8/15). Happy to answer any questions.

·
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stang said:
Were you able to snap any photos?

What comparison tests were done with the S2000 and Miata?
Photos would have been more of the same that we have all seen. I couldn't think of a new angle for the camera.. Neither the Honda nor the Miata could keep up with the Sol in a closed course (saw a quick and dirty unofficial demo) The difference is body roll. I rode as a passenger in the closed course and in an extended (45 min) open road run. I can't tell you how impressive it is in corners. I would not have believed it unless I was there in the car. No roll and we flew through turns. The other two cars knocked over cones all over the place. Not 1 cone for the Sol in the closed course with an experienced driver. We were at high speed on route 495 and it was solid as a rock. Very, very impressive.

·
4,592 Posts
birdliver said:
Photos would have been more of the same that we have all seen. I couldn't think of a new angle for the camera.. Neither the Honda nor the Miata could keep up with the Sol in a closed course (saw a quick and dirty unofficial demo) The difference is body roll. I rode as a passenger in the closed course and in an extended (45 min) open road run. I can't tell you how impressive it is in corners. I would not have believed it unless I was there in the car. No roll and we flew through turns. The other two cars knocked over cones all over the place. Not 1 cone for the Sol in the closed course with an experienced driver. We were at high speed on route 495 and it was solid as a rock. Very, very impressive.
sweet, I can't wait for my first test drive! Love that review! Love it, Love it, Love it!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I talked with my salesman last night (no new news on my baby yet, drat) as he was in Buffalo (Clarence, actually) for the program last week. He is at least 6'2" and over 200 and was very comfortable in the Solstice. He commented that the Miata felt liek a toy and not a real car (sorry, Rodeo) He said even the S2K had trouble keeping up. And on the road course they were told to purposely lock up the brakes on different vehicles to experience the ABS for themselves. On one of the competitors ABS runs about $3000, because of required packages in order to get it. Needless to say, he was very, very impressed.

Now, as far as the cars at King of Prussia, if they run their course through Amish country I can't wait to see a gaggle of Sols blowing by some young farmers stacking hay by hand and watch their jaws drop at the same time they drop their pitchforks, and as they stand there the horses all take off after the cars. Hmmm, ad campaign coming on.

Funniest thing I ever saw was an Amish teen with one hand holding onto his horse and buggy while with the other he was trying desparately to reach a Pepsi machine outside a carwash. The horse knew the rules and trying with all its might to pull him back into the fold. Should have had a camera for that one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
PA ride & drive

I was told that the PA ride & drive will be at the Valley Forge Convention Center. The center is on Rt.23 (Gulph Road) and 1st Ave about a mile north of the King of Prussia Plaza (shopping mall). Dates are Thursday and Friday, August 18 & 19. I'lll be there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.