Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that recently both my door handles have become somewhat "loose".

In an attempt to pull them slightly further I noticed that the handle is still hanging on to the key hole thing..

At any rate, it appears that the door handles have been epoxied, jb welded or whatever. I can't seem to tug them out as I've seen in other pictures but they do move out somewhat. I plan on replacing them with black cobalt door handles that I should be receiving and painting soon. What can I do to free them from their bond without causing any damage? I noticed that if I tug at it, the key part kinda angles into the car door and i'm worried it may cause a dent if i force it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
i think he means he removed the screws but someone put a lot of epoxy into the back of the handles to "fix" them.that is a fine looking tele in your sig...is it a 1969?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, you are correct redcoats. I managed to pull the drive side loose today, but the passenger side is still on correctly. The handles should be arriving soon and I intend on painting them. I think the epoxy is a good idea to reinforce the handles, as a preventative measure. I'll be doing this upon installing the new pair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts