Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 year old son loves roadsters so we've been searching for something we can both agree on for his first car. He wanted the 1st Gen Miata with the pop-up headlights but they're getting really long in the tooth. We came across a Solstice here locally while searching the car sites and he really liked it. Surprised him with it a few days later. 2007 Base/automatic, Deep with Neutral top, leather, etc., etc. It had sap all over it so I've had it clay barred and buffed, had new stereo/back up camera installed, working the usual top and cup holder issues, droopy leather seat etc.

Thing is, I've never been roadster guy but man, I really like this car. I may just have to keep it and buy him something else.

Only pictures I have are from the dealer lot before I had it detailed but you get the idea. Anyway, thanks for the add. I've already found a ton of useful information on here.

Mike

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Welcome to the forum... go get another one - maybe a GXP? :cool:

Reactions: agent008

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Reactions: agent008 and MFA

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
My daughter's first car was a retired Dodge police cruiser. Surrounded her in a lot of metal for safety and poor enough gas mileage she couldn't afford to drive far!

Keep the Solstice for you! lol

·
Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
382 Posts
Congrats to whichever one of you gets to drive this.

As a lucky coupe owner, the Deep convertible is my target for a second Sol. Nice example! ENJOY!

Reactions: AFMike

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My daughter's first car was a retired Dodge police cruiser. Surrounded her in a lot of metal for safety and poor enough gas mileage she couldn't afford to drive far!

Keep the Solstice for you! lol
i totally agree; kids need all the protection they can get

Bill

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Welcome! And great purchase!!! If you decide to keep it for yourself, I may have a 92 base Miata with 21k miles on it (Red/Black 5 speed) available... :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrats. I had a Montego Blue NA years ago. You'll find the Solstice even in 2.4l form to be quicker than the NA MX5. If memory serves, the MX5 is more chuck-able than the Solstice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike,
just one question for you - are you looking to adopt???

He looked around first, which is also impressive.
Well, I did get my daughter moved out and on her own a few years ago so I guess I've got the space. :)

And thanks for the kudos. Years on Jeep forums has led me to the understanding that almost every question has already been answered if you're just willing to look. I wanted to lead with "what's the biggest tire I can fit on the stock rim?" or "what are the two silver flappy things, why don't they go up and down, and who has some for sale?" or "Where can I get the cup holder thingy?" but I thought my sarcasm might not translate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats. I had a Montego Blue NA years ago. You'll find the Solstice even in 2.4l form to be quicker than the NA MX5. If memory serves, the MX5 is more chuck-able than the Solstice.
Yeah, I suspect that's true. If he had his way (and all the money in the world) he'd be driving NA's, RX-7s, Skylines, and whatever other JDM he could find. He's not really into chucking them around (yet) - just likes the roadsters and early Japanese styles. Regardless, I appreciate that he likes interesting cars but I'm not paying to keep those on the road. I thought this base Solstice w/auto turned was a decent compromise - still a cool car he can learn to wrench on, some modern safety equipment (SRS and ABS) but not absolutely insane.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Reactions: HHGadget
1 - 20 of 31 Posts