Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2000 Silverado and left it at the dealership and bought a base 07 with 17k miles.
I've been reading the stickies, and searching the site.
The truck sat in the driveway for two years and backed down the driveway with the trash every week. So, virtually no miles for 2 years. ;)

I have a '08 Pontiac G8 with a forged and stroked LS3 that my wife no longer wishes to ride in. I think it's too loud.

When it gets a little warmer here, (Lebanon, IN) I hope to take it for a ride out in the country with the wife. It's going to be another toy that won't see a ton of miles.

The G8 has 43k miles, and has been on the hot rod power tour.

See you around the forum.

Ray

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
Welcome to the forum. OK, no using the Sol to back down the drive with the garbage. Kidding! :rofl:

It's a perfect car for taking the wife for a drive in the country. My wife and I have enjoyed 45K miles of drives in the country since we got the Sol 7 1/2 years ago.

Have fun and see you around!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Welcome Ray! Sounds like you're no stranger to adding a little money to your ride. I'm sure the members here will give you all KINDS of ideas to do that!

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Welcome. I rode in my wife's Sky redline and decided I needed one so I brought home a Sol. We really enjoy the cars. We belong to a local club with over 100 members and take many very nice rides with them in the spring and summer

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the 4um! enjoy the car every chance you get.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Welcome Ray! Sounds like you're no stranger to adding a little money to your ride. I'm sure the members here will give you all KINDS of ideas to do that!
I've looked at most of the members mods already. I plan on a wind screen and a GXP rear fascia first. Then I'll talk to my friends at Solo, and get a proper exhaust installed.
I'll talk to Norris Motorsports and see if we can wring a few more HP out of it.
Mike tunes my G8 which needs a recalibration after installing the FAST 102.
Found a car cover today, and she is under cover for now.

Good thing I have a 6 car garage, cause I need the space for all these stock parts.

Thank you everyone for the welcome.

A couple of quick photos.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey Ray welcome nice choice in color and damn nice G8 specs.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looks great. Let the mods begin. Welcome to the forums. Need to bring to the National Solstice Sky meet in June. Then you can get your mods installed from vendors and meet others from this forum.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Hi, Ray! You will NEVER regret buying the Sol. And you and your wife will probably argue over WHO will drive!!!! By the by, I'm in Lebanon, too . . . will be waving your way soon! As they say, let the Permagrin begin! :driving:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome, you are going to love it. Just waiting on some warm weather to get mine out of the garage. I live in Pendleton, IN maybe I will see you around?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts