Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CDB had an errand to do in South Jersey today, so on the way home he stopped by the plant. He said there are hundreds of cars in the lot, and car carriers loaded with cars. Someone came out to talk to him, turns out he's a trucker. He told Chris that they sent a car to Trevose, Pa. on Friday and it should be there by now. So, we are taking a ride to see if #549 is at the dealers. CDB will post when we get home, I don't want to repeat any other info the trucker told him in case I misquote him.
I am full of questions. Whose cars are in the lot? I thought all but 20-30 of the 1K cars were shipped. Where are all the cars? According to the poll, when I checked this morning, 93 were delivered.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Regular alocation, 0 zippers, free maintanance most likely

·
Registered
753 Posts
There are lots of cars in the lot by the factory and less cars in the rear lot. Maybe they are staging them for delivery. Some of the cars had their tops down. some of the cars had their rear clamshell lid lifted. Some of the cars had stuff tied to the antannae like maybe they wanted to find them again.

There were 6 yellow car carriers. three had a full load of solstices ( 11 cars) two were empty and one had a couple mini-vans and a (really) 'chrysler 300 station wagon' or whatever they are calling it.

There was a guy who pulled in to inspect the carriers. On his way out of the plant he stopped and chatted for a few minutes. He didn't know what VINs were going out on which trucks specifically, but said there is usually a mix of VINs on the trucks- makes sense if you are delivering to different places to consolidate your destinations you would end up with a mix of VINs.

No confirmation of 549 being on the truck that he said was sent to the town my dealer is in, but i have my fingers crossed.

He also said if you think the Solstice looks good you should see the Sky. i have seen the Sky and prefer the Solstice, and this was a Saturn plant so they could be biased, but he thought the sky was more beautiful than the Solstice. good news for the Sky buyers.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I hope one of the 3 carriers is making their way to the lower susquehanna valley tomorrow!

·
Registered
182 Posts
cdb said:
There are lots of cars in the lot by the factory and less cars in the rear lot. Maybe they are staging them for delivery. Some of the cars had their tops down. some of the cars had their rear clamshell lid lifted. Some of the cars had stuff tied to the antannae like maybe they wanted to find them again.

There were 6 yellow car carriers. three had a full load of solstices ( 11 cars) two were empty and one had a couple mini-vans and a (really) 'chrysler 300 station wagon' or whatever they are calling it.

There was a guy who pulled in to inspect the carriers. On his way out of the plant he stopped and chatted for a few minutes. He didn't know what VINs were going out on which trucks specifically, but said there is usually a mix of VINs on the trucks- makes sense if you are delivering to different places to consolidate your destinations you would end up with a mix of VINs.

No confirmation of 549 being on the truck that he said was sent to the town my dealer is in, but i have my fingers crossed.

He also said if you think the Solstice looks good you should see the Sky. i have seen the Sky and prefer the Solstice, and this was a Saturn plant so they could be biased, but he thought the sky was more beautiful than the Solstice. good news for the Sky buyers.

Excellent report!!!! Thank You :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
A very encouraging report, especially after last week. GMLineDog had said there were about 30 left, so it appears the last of us First 1K'ers will finally receive our cars in the coming week or so. I know I kinda expect to, being 90 miles from the plant! Thanks Chris!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
224 Posts
any pure's on the carriers!?!?!? :willy:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
cdb said:

Did you see any lots marked Quality or Audit or Quality/Audit? If so how many cars where lined up there?

·
Registered
753 Posts
the parking lots aren't labeled. on a previous visit a guy i was chatting with waved in the general direction of the factory and said " cars over there are being reworked". not very specific i'm afraid. this last visit that same lot was quite full and a rear lot had fewer sols than before. any comment i make regarding how and why these parking yard populations are different are pure speculation on my part.
one more thing... the auto carriers are parked close to the factory. the full lot is one lot down from the place the carriers were parked and the rear lot is... well... a little farther away- which is why i thought the full lot could (hopefully) be a staging area for solstice car carriers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts