Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
An I correct in thinking Backbone before Probeam (if you can't afford both)
It's kind of a toss-up, since they address different issues. I did both at the same time.

If I had to do just one, I'd do the backbone. (personal opinion)

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
Is there a thread that addresses how these additions affect the handling and drivability of the car? Also how it relates to when the car drifts in a turn? Affect on understeer? Etc.
This is from the DDMWorks.com web site:

We often get the question of which brace should be done first to the car. Our Backbone brace and the Probeam really perform 2 different functions. The backbone is designed to stiffen the car torsionally and make a stronger platform for the suspension to work off of. On the other hand the Probeam works on the back of the cars suspension, mainly on the connecting beam that holds the rear differential. This beam flexes during cornering loads and when it does it also changes alignment on the back of the car, making the car feel unsettled in the back. The probeam stiffens this beam and therefore makes the back more solid and prevents these unwanted changes under cornering loads, making the car feel more predictable.

There has been debate back and forth on the forums and with our customers about which brace should be done first, most people end up doing both of them. The synopsis is that the probeam makes the back end feel more predictable and solid and the backbone makes the car feel more put together overall.

This improvement to the chassis does not make the ride any harsher than stock, just makes the car a more solid platform for the suspension to work off of, giving the car a ride like a more expensive vehicle.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Man get that sticker off that bar. lol
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
10,305 Posts
Please folks there are 3 braces. Please do not ignore the front brace if you want to have the whole chasis close properly!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Well, don't get excited. At the moment they are cheaper than the deal this thread was started for in the first place. :)

And thanks for the photos Dave

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Please folks there are 3 braces. Please do not ignore the front brace if you want to have the whole chasis close properly!!!!!
I got the Venom Brace as part of a Christmas present pack from my wife and I'm really pleased with the quality and ease of installation can't wait till the weather breaks to try it out a big thank you for working with DDM to make this upgrade available on our cars

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Just got the bundle.

The standard bundle, with medium back bone, should fit on my Base Solstice without any problems, right ? Some how I seemed to remember the Base Solstice requires some spacers for the Venom Brace, but since I did not see that option I assume I remembered wrong.

I did ask by email for the pro beam ro be red as well and to put a custom text on the Venom Brace. For the Venom Brace I picked red, and since the back bone is red by default I hope all parts of the bundle will be red.

·
Premium Member
10,305 Posts
The medium backbone will fit with no issues.
The Venom Brace will need the spacers if you still have the resonator in your NA.
If it has been updated with a CAI then there is no need for the spacers.

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
Just got the bundle.

The standard bundle, with medium back bone, should fit on my Base Solstice without any problems, right ? Some how I seemed to remember the Base Solstice requires some spacers for the Venom Brace, but since I did not see that option I assume I remembered wrong.

I did ask by email for the pro beam ro be red as well and to put a custom text on the Venom Brace. For the Venom Brace I picked red, and since the back bone is red by default I hope all parts of the bundle will be red.
Dave does powder coating and can do almost any color.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Thanks guys. When making the order there was no spacer question. Will contact DDM per email asap.
Hopefully you did get your spacer, if not, let me know and we can get it on the way for you. We made sure to get the question up on the site when ordering the venom brace. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
When ordering it on my android tablet there is no spacer question, on my windows laptop there is indeed a spacer question.

In email contact with Ivy I told her I want all parts in red, need the spacers, and want a special text on the venom brace.

I sure hope it all works out, if not I will put pepper in your Apple Pie ! :)

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
When ordering it on my android tablet there is no spacer question, on my windows laptop there is indeed a spacer question.

In email contact with Ivy I told her I want all parts in red, need the spacers, and want a special text on the venom brace.

I sure hope it all works out, if not I will put pepper in your Apple Pie ! :)
mmmmm, apple pie.

I will check and make sure Ivy has this taken care of for you!
Thanks!
Dave

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Got an email that the bundle is on its way to my friends place. I will not install the parts when the car is still in the US, first need to export/import the car. I am too afraid that there will be problems during the import inspections when they realize and have been tweaking the chassis of the car.

But I will sure ask my friends to make some pictures, especially of the customized decal on the Venom.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of that one installed, the vinyl looked good!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts