Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been swapping out new rotors, putting on new pads and painting calipers all weekend and when I went to torque down the caliper guide pin bolt(the one that holds the caliper to the bracket) it just sheared off inside. Thankfully it appears the whole pin comes out and I think I can replace the whole piece without having to resort to crazy measures to extract the bolt. Does that come as a kit by chance with pin and bolt? Perhaps even with the little rubber boots? Maybe someone has a part number? I've been to a couple sites but I don't think I'm using the right keywords cuz I'm not getting good results. My next step is to just go down to a dealer but I'd like to see if there's any part info I can go in with. Thanks a lot if anyone can assist; the job was looking cool till I ran into this.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
The "Nalley" connection comes through again! (That's where I was headed until I saw Soup's post!)

·
Registered
728 Posts
The "Nalley" connection comes through again! (That's where I was headed until I saw Soup's post!)
NOT necessarily so sadly.. :nono:

I don't see the part number 4 part number listed, which is probably the bolt he is looking for. I also don't see the part number for the rubber boot.. and few other smaller parts. I in fact also over tightened this bolt and it also sheared off inside the bracket. Luckily it broke in away where I was able to gently remove the broken piece. Now getting a replacement bolt was a biatch.:( Its also a metric bolt I believe. My dealer didn't have it and they only found 1 other place in our entire area that had it, it ended up being from a chevy dealership around the corner (got lucky I suppose) cause my car was up on a jack stand and they only had 1 bolt!! So I bought the last bolt of these in my entire county for around $5.50 or so as I recall, problem is I can't find that dam receipt which has the part number...:willy: If I find it I'll post it, I will assume it is the exact bolt used in a Sky..

Here I selected the Sky instead BRAKE CALIPER/FRONT. Fits: 2007 Saturn | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick
and got the part number, which is GM# 11588891.. and that number rings a bell with me since I looked at it 50 times when I was looking for 1 bolt in desperation..:dthumbs:

PS: weird the way that site works, if you play around in there, you can get the same picture on another page that has parts missing..the link I found above has most of the parts, except 5 also. I suppose you have to buy their "kits" which does NOT include the bolts.. thing is, you can get the parts individually if you break down further at the dealer computer, or perhaps another site...and then the biggie, finding one or 2 you need NOW!!:D Who the hell does their brake so much? Hell I used a TW and tried to tighten to specs at 20 pounds but it never registered, better to tighten these bolts just by hand until "snug"."...the main bracket bolts tightened to specs at 80 ok..

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
#4 above is 11588891
#5, #15 and #16 are a kit, 22705329

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MidniteBlues: You are correct, that's the bolt I'm looking for and after looking around local dealers for the kit with no luck I don't think that bolt is gonna be around either so I anticipate having to order it anyway. Thanks for looking I wouldn't have known the kit didn't have the ONE part I needed. Figured it would be better to just replace it all but I think I can get the rest of the bolt out so I can re-use the pin. Once again this forum saves the day.:cool:

·
Registered
728 Posts
MidniteBlues: You are correct, that's the bolt I'm looking for and after looking around local dealers for the kit with no luck I don't think that bolt is gonna be around either so I anticipate having to order it anyway. Thanks for looking I wouldn't have known the kit didn't have the ONE part I needed. Figured it would be better to just replace it all but I think I can get the rest of the bolt out so I can re-use the pin. Once again this forum saves the day.:cool:
Yes sir you are correct, and u r welcome.:thumbs:. why spend more than you have to, however, for some reason those bolts are gold plated...can't find the suckers locally or at bennet auto supplies, and those guys have bolts..not this one tho..amazing..:(

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
MB - I hear what you're saying about the Nalley site. I've noticed that also - sometimes you play back and forth and get similar diagrams but with more detail/part numbers.

What stinks about that bolt is you KNOW someone has a pile of them somewhere. Just don't know who.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts