Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I've done a search on this and read a couple of things before posting and read a few things but mine may or may not be different in that now my brakes feel mushy. Also most similar to a clutch with air in it. Also now after the initial brake press, the brake pedal will slowly depress instead staying where it is and my brakes don't feel as effective. Did I pop a line or cause a leak??

Update: When I apply the brakes, I can here a sound from my rear driver's side brake (psshhhh sound similar releasing pressure) and there is fluid on the ground around it. Not sure if something is constantly leaking or if it was from when I applied the brakes hard because it is all the around the inner rim and may just be dripping off of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I think I may have found the leak. If you look at the rear rim, there's a nut located on the lower left of the brake caliper with a hose coming right in behind it. The leak looks likes it's coming from that nut. Gonna tighten it up and see what that gets me. Hose or banjo?? Not sure what you mean by banjo. May just be going over over my head

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so tightening up seemed to stop the leaked but I'm going to check the banjo to see if its broken. Now all that's left is to bleed the air out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
be glad its not a brake line . I do a car a week brake lines . they really suck to do and its very costly to the customer . mechanics hate brake lines no choice to jack up the price sky high make it worth our wile.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
On the wife's Sky the left rear banjo bolt developed a seep. I loosened it about half a turn then trtorqued it and it's been fine for a year. The copper washer was the issue. Once I moved and re tightened it, it sealed again

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Retightening seemed to fix this issue. Did some driving and had no issue. That was the first time I've had to brake hard but I'm not sure why that would cause it to loosen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts