Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking to upgrade my pads and rotors for improved stopping power, but I cant decide what to go with, any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
Depends. What are you going to do with the car? If street driving and occasional track work, pad upgrade is the way to go. Cost effective and really improves brake performance.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
My set up : R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors /Hawk Ceramic Pads /Vivid Racing braided steel brake lines /Motul 660 brake fluid night and day difference

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Pads are probably the biggest improvement you can make from all I have read the stock calipers are more then adequate for street and limited track duty .My upgrades are based on similar set ups I have had on some of my other cars

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
I was ready to go to a big break set but Dave told me going to the a Eagle pads would do the trick. My experience has been that the new pads with the stock disks works great. Totally different feel.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I've been very happy with the Redstuff EBC pads. Far better in every way than the stock pads, which are mediocre at best. You really only need to change the front pads.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
We have our Stage 1 brake upgrade which includes everything you need to upgrade the brake system, Pads, Rotors, lines and fluid for $650. We install this kit quite a bit and it does a great job. We can include EBC's if you would like on the kit and the EBC's are also available on our site -

Solstice/Sky Stage 1 Brake Kit by DDMWorks

EBC Brake Pads -

Solstice / Sky EBC Brake Pads

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I installed the Hawk HP Plus pads front and rear, and had to learn a light touch on the pedal. These are definitely a big improvement to braking power. I run Solo II about 6 times a year, and these provide more than enough braking power with the stock rotors and calipers.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Check out the stoptech sport kit, lines, rotors, pads, for $480 or so, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts