Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on e-bay and noticed someone was selling the chance for them to order one of the first 1000. If this is a dealer, cant they get in trouble for doing this? Whats crazy is there is people bidding on it. Not too mention the lies that were in the ad about the EOP. Should this be reported to ebay? Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4542130770&category=6386

Sorry I see now that this has been posted before I must have missed it. It just pissed me off. Sorry again.

·
5,641 Posts
I have no problem with a duplicate post pointing out how bad this is.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Besides how wrong it is, Id be pretty shaky about someone advertising a spot on a preorder of a car that hasnt even come out yet on the internet and wanting 2k up front. They dont even have the real pics of the car yet :skep:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It makes you wonder what other inventive skemes will be contrived to bend or break the EOP rules. I think we are seeing the tip of the iceberg when it comes to price gauging, price padding, etc. etc. Those of use getting an EOP car may be thankful is was at MSRP!

·
Registered
162 Posts
DLD84 said:
Besides how wrong it is, Id be pretty shaky about someone advertising a spot on a preorder of a car that hasnt even come out yet on the internet and wanting 2k up front. They dont even have the real pics of the car yet :skep:
I posed the following question to the E-bay dealer and he gave the following response. Someone does not know the EOP rules. Us or them?
You asked:
"How can you guarantee that you can be alloted a Solstice from the EOP {Early Order Program} When approximately 2000 Pontiac dealers have signed up for the program, and the applicants must have a number obtained from the web and there are only 1000 cars available?"

"We the dealer had to pay a fee and sell x amount of pontiacs the previous year to be in the top selected dealerships plus we had to pay an enrollment fee as well. We have the option to order up to five cars early." :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Is this dealer just making BS up, or is there something to the EOP we don't know about?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
As of the time of posting this post the price is up to $2,025.00. As was mentioned these people are just buying the right to buy the car. This is money ontop of the car price plus any other amount the dealer might tag on. I watched this happen with the Lotus Elise, but that car cost $40,000 and only 2000 made it to the USA the first year.

Just amasing. :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
And all they have to do is find a dealer and take a shot on EOP for $0 over sticker this week....crazy.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The DVD for sale on eBay has reached $53 so far too with bidding time to go still. I bet just mkaing DVD-R copies of it and selling those would make whoever can get their hands on the DVD some good money till the market gets saturated with them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
brentil said:
The DVD for sale on eBay has reached $53 so far too with bidding time to go still. I bet just mkaing DVD-R copies of it and selling those would make whoever can get their hands on the DVD some good money till the market gets saturated with them.
Id imagine gm wouldnt be to pleased if someone started doing that. Who knows though they may not mind as to get the word out on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
brentil said:

yes, but ebay doesn't allow you to sell copies of anything. cd's, dvd's, vhs, cd-rom's, etc. don't be suprised to see someone come here and try to sell copies.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
And one little e-mail to the intellectual property division of GM (intellectual, GM; oxymoron?) and all would cease.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
THat first one is scarry that someone would spend $6600 for the right to pay MSRP. Or that's how I read the listing.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
THat first one is scarry that someone would spend $6600 for the right to pay MSRP. Or that's how I read the listing.
Holy crap, that was $2300 this morning.

The internet is a great place, but it also breeds idiots. If any of these people had gone to an actual dealer, or one within 100 miles they could have gotten it AT MSRP!!!

·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
Holy crap, that was $2300 this morning.

The internet is a great place, but it also breeds idiots. If any of these people had gone to an actual dealer, or one within 100 miles they could have gotten it AT MSRP!!!
But they don't know that (yet). The aren't members here. That is why the dealer ended the auction before tomorrows announcement. But $6,600 when the other one is a t $21,600 (was this morning).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Small Dealer said:
But they don't know that (yet). The aren't members here. That is why the dealer ended the auction before tomorrows announcement. But $6,600 when the other one is a t $21,600 (was this morning).
The other one covers the price of the car though plus extra for options. The $6,600 is paying for the right to get in this dealerhsips line.

·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
The other one covers the price of the car though plus extra for options. The $6,600 is paying for the right to get in this dealerhsips line.
Right. I was trying to say: why pay $26,595 when the other auction is at $21,300?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Isn't a free-market economy with First Ammendment rights just the greatest!! I'll repeat again what David Letterman said the other night "Don't confuse what we do here with entertainment." It is going to be a circus for the unenlightened.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts