Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the latest National Hurricane Center image of Charley making his visit to Disney World. He went from a class one 75mph hurricane to a class 4 145mph in about 2 hours time right before he hit the Florida coast. Originally it was supposed to land in Tampa and miss Orlando by a good bit. Now as you can see from this image it's me vs. charley. But I've still got internet and cable :D We're keeping an eye out for tornados though.

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Best of luck to you Brentil! Hopefully the hurricane loses a lot of steam by the time it reaches you and the mouse in Orlando! Hope nobody gets hurt, and any damage is minimal!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to begone. Lots of wind that seemed to want to blow our windows in. It's fun watching the sliding glass dores bow inward. Only damage we can tell so far is the sliding glass screen door got blown off into the yard.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Great to here you challenged Charlie and survived unscathed! Still trying to get in touch with my boat bum brother and sister-in-law. They live in Naples in an "Adult Land Yacht Community".. Translation: "Old Fart Waterfront Mobilehome Park" that's 6-8 feet above sea level. As both are shrink social workers, they've been at work at the evac shelter since yesterday morning. Doubt either has had a chance to see if they still have a house. Cell phone battery died last night. We've sailed Naples to Charlotte Harbor (and further) several times. Docked at Port Charlotte twice. Rummor it got it worse of all.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Talked to brother this morning. Next to no damage, Amazing what forty miles will do. Said storm surge arrived just before low tide and negated damage potential.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Glad to hear everything is alright with you Brentil! That must be nerve racking. I have never experienced a storm like that with 100+ winds. Usually a bad windstorm up here might have gusts hit 60-70, with sustained winds not over 50. Our natural disaster tends to be snow... and that can be bad! Two years ago we got 7 feet in a week, and I was on the roof shoveling. A lot of houses collapsed under the weight. But its more of a constant commulative things, and not a storm that roles in and causes massive damage! I think if my sliding glass door bowed in, I would have freaked out!!

Again, glad your ok! Also good to hear your buddy is ok DreamerDave!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Glad everyone here is ok. We went inland to sty with relatives. It looked like that thing might hit our home for a while. We were fortunate while those south of us were not. :(

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Glad everyone here is ok. We went inland to sty with relatives. It looked like that thing might hit our home for a while. We were fortunate while those south of us were not. :(
Glad to hear you were safe too Troy, and that your home remained safe! I feel so bad for all those people who stayed at their homes thinking they would be safe when they ended up being the ones who were hit the worst!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts