Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have right here in front of me a brochure with all the new models Pontiac is coming out with this year. It has the Solstice on the cover and the first 3 pages. It doesn't say anything about it we don't already know, but it has some pictures of it in Liquid Silver (67U) and a couple of interior shots with the cashmere interior. Appears to be two-toned with cashmere and ebony accents. The wheels on it are the ones we've been seeing on the show cars, so I guess that is the wheel we're getting on the production car.

The brochure also features: G6 GTP, G6 Coupe, G6 Convertible, GTO, Grand Prix GXP, Bonneville GXP, Vibe GT, Torrent, Montana SV6. I guess it is basically a brochure of the performance products and anything revamped for '05.

I can scan some pics, but I don't know the picture posting rules of the forum or how to do so. Let me know.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sounds awesome. I really need to pic up one of those! :thumbs

To post pics, you need to do a new post or a reply. Down below there is a box labeled "manage attachments" Push that button and it opens a window where you can browse your computer and select the location of the pics you scan in. When you have them all, hit upload, then finish your reply. They should show up!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great, would love to see different interior colors. As Ff88 says, just post 'em in this thread using manage attachments (only 5 per reply).

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'm thinking that Liquid Silver could look real good if you blacked out the front and rear grilles. Maybe with a black stripe or two.

Oh, and let me be the first to point out, because someone will, NO Baby Arms.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Y'know? I never even thought of the gauge cluster as "motorcycle style," but that's exactly what they are. Looks alot like the gauge cluster on my last sportbike! Of course, I didn't really need a full gauge package on a crotch rocket.

Man! That's good advertising tho. The lack of a full gauge suite was one of my dislikes about this car. Now I am warming up to the idea of looking at the gauges and being reminded of my old GSX-R!

·
Registered
667 Posts
eatoninside; Thanks! Now all we need to do is figure out how tall the driver is and how long his legs are? Oh yeah, also when the forced induction will be available? :cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
baby arms

Sure enough! They are totally gone. I am guessing that they are going to be there in some capacity though. The Solstice at the Detroit show has them along with a major thick weather seal above, but they are much smaller than on some of the show cars we have seen. I am betting the car in the brochure is a concept car without a top in the trunk at all, not the current preproduction model at the show.
I hope it looks like the brocure!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Nice to see something totaly official say "Summer 2005" availability. :cheers Thanks for posting the photos! Any time you get any dealer info, promo, propaganda, we'd love to see it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Make mine Yellow

Hot Damn. is this fun or what? cashmere interior with the yellow body is mine.

Now we gotta hope they allow a cashmere top because it will be so much cooler in the summer, I know just lower the top and bake my poor bald head.

Or maybe I could wear a hat.

Thanks for all the new information, hope springs eternal.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I'm thinking that Liquid Silver could look real good if you blacked out the front and rear grilles. Maybe with a black stripe or two.

Oh, and let me be the first to point out, because someone will, NO Baby Arms.
Because I believe this is a pre-production model. There's no door locks, XM antena, seat belts, or normal radio antena.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
brentil said:
Because I believe this is a pre-production model. There's no door locks, XM antena, seat belts, or normal radio antena.
Maybe they really are getting back to basics - My 1956 MGA doesn't have door locks either :smile

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Chip said:
eatoninside; Thanks! Now all we need to do is figure out how tall the driver is and how long his legs are? Oh yeah, also when the forced induction will be available? :cheers
I was thinking the same thing. He sure does look like he fits comfortably!

Thanks eatonside! That is a great find!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The "show" brochure (for all new Pontiac models) notes the following on the photo of the Solstice traveling across the desert:

"Solstice........available summer 2005" :smile

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has anyone seen a picture of the Solstice with the convertible top up? Unfortunately here in NJ I'll proably spend much more time with the top up than down... :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 29 Posts