Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Is anyone interested in broken Solstice?
I own a Black 2006 Solstice. Automatic 2.4L. Not GXP

Recently transmission started to kick when it was dropping gears. I drove it like this for a while. Few weeks ago after I took it for a ride. When I started it, it made loud clicking noise and started leaking oil. Now it leaks every time I start the car. It looks like it leaks between engine and transmission, but it must be transmission oil since engine oil level didn't drop.
Body and roof are in good condition.

Most likely I will not fix it. So before I give it to junk yard, I thought it might find a new owner that wants to fix it here. I am open to any offers if you are interested.

If no one wants this car as is, let me know if you need any parts. Again, I am open to any offers.

Will provide images and may even start the car for a video if requested.

Car is located in Norwalk, CT

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Did you happen to replace the intake & exhaust camshaft position solenoids? Those are one of the first things suggested when it comes to the automatic transmission experiencing hard downshifting. Regardless, even if your transmission is toast I would still think your car is worth a minimum of $3,000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi to everyone.
I have some pics and I lifted the car to see what's up.
As I said. Engine oil level didn't drop a lot, so it must be transmission oil.
I am not a mechanic, but here are my observation. Tranny has round hole under it. It looks like it is missing a bolt inside (see pics). I think noise is coming from there. it still might have that bolt inside and it might be the cause of rattling. Also see a pic for connection between engine and tranny. Should I see gears there? It just didn't look right to me.

About the car:
Body is in good shape. Front bumper is a bit scratched up and right front fender has a dent on the bottom which is not visible from the side, only from below (see pic).
Engine was previously replaced by previous owner. I have no paperwork and don't know the real miles on the engine.
K&N air intake
Leader seats in good condition.
Sky's antenna (it is shorter then Solstice's original antenna)
Roof has no leaks.
Tinted windscreen behind seats.
18" DIP aftermarket wheels.
Front lights are a bit foggy due to age.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
DO NOT TAKE THIS TO THE JUNK YARD! If I had it I would fix it. I'm guessing this is all easily fixable. If you just don't want to deal with it then at least sell it to someone here who will either fix it or part it out so others can keep their cars running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts