Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been pondering one for my Sol...whenever the gods bless me with its prescence...a gas door change like you see on some of the muscle/sports cars. Has anyone photoshopped one yet? My fear is looking 1) tacky, 2) like an add on part, 3) like being a rice burner kid with a souped up honda. Any suggestions or comments? :willy:

·
Registered
767 Posts
deepdawg said:
Ive been pondering one for my Sol...whenever the gods bless me with its prescence...a gas door change like you see on some of the muscle/sports cars. Has anyone photoshopped one yet? My fear is looking 1) tacky, 2) like an add on part, 3) like being a rice burner kid with a souped up honda. Any suggestions or comments? :willy:
I think they look like an add on from J C Whitney. That's one of the things I didn't like about the 3rd generation Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. What's next? Exterior chrome hinges for the hood and trunk?
:lol:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jimmyo said:
I think they look like an add on from J C Whitney. That's one of the things I didn't like about the 3rd generation Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. What's next? Exterior chrome hinges for the hood and trunk?
:lol:
Thats my fear ... but I thought with the handles and roof line having that smae look, that it might tie in together to look good. Im os cnofudes :willy:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I would think it would look bad. Those old Sport and GT cars had fuel filler knobs on the top of the trunk area, the Solstice's is on the side of the car. The original Miata's are on the top and can look kinda cool chromed out, I'm not so sure about the Solstice. If you're not certain you want to do it, just wait a few months. Someone will do it and you will be able to see if that's the look you want.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Been Done in earlier posts

deepdawg said:
I think it was back in the May timeframe that this came up. Do a search.

Net result, ugly. Just buy a TT Roadster comes with one.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Hey, I recognize that hack job of a photochop :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think it makes it look too ricey. Just my two cents. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RODEO said:
Hey, I recognize that hack job of a photochop :lol:

I dunno if its your photo chop or not..but I agree finally that it is HIDEOUS...the door not your pic :leaving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts