Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buffalo car show claims to have the SEMA Solstice that never appeared at SEMA. Wonder if this is true?

This year's lineup includes concepts such as the 2007 Lincoln Aviator, the Jeep Rescue, Ford's Shelby Cobra, the Pontiac SEMA Solstice, and the Chrysler "California Dream" PT Cruiser. The show will also have a preproduction Nissan Xterra, said Trey Barrett, the NFADA's director of marketing.
Link:
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050206/1022975.asp

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
This year's lineup includes concepts such as the 2007 Lincoln Aviator, the Jeep Rescue, Ford's Shelby Cobra, the Pontiac SEMA Solstice, and the Chrysler "California Dream" PT Cruiser. The show will also have a preproduction Nissan Xterra, said Trey Barrett, the NFADA's director of marketing.
Well damn, who's going to this show? We've got someone going right??? Please someone say you're going. I've spent so much time trying to find info on this car, I really hope we can find out what GM did with it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I read that in the paper Sunday.

My take on it is that I doubt, and I mean I DOUBT that the Sema Solstice will be in Buffalo. I suspect the article is erronious.

Our local autoshow is as pitiful as they get. We get next to no concepts or special cars, and the ones we do get are generally a year or two old (such as the Jeep Rescue mentioned in that article). We also overlap Chicago, which doesn't help any.

The show is very small, and populated with mostly cars off local dealer lots.

I can see no possible advantage for GM to debut its SEMA concept in Buffalo.

Therefore, I have a feeling that the article mentioned Sema erroniously. We may get a Solstice since there are a few on the show circuit now, and possibly the writer of the article was confused when they mentioned Sema.

I will be going to the show regardless, so I will report back. Since I doubt it will be there, I am not planning on lugging my digi camera along, but I will go back another evening to get some pics if they do happen to have it. :cheers

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Who knows, we can just hope for some reason that Buffalo just happens to be the first place the SEMA Solstice will be at on it's trip around the USA.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Who knows, we can just hope for some reason that Buffalo just happens to be the first place the SEMA Solstice will be at on it's trip around the USA.
Who knows is right, but until I see it I am not going to hold my breath. :D

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Who knows is right, but until I see it I am not going to hold my breath. :D
Well I'm going to at least. Better hurry up and get there before... :brentil:

:D :jester

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Well I'm going to at least. Better hurry up and get there before... :brentil:

:D :jester
There are all kinds of dirt cheap flights from Florida to Buffalo and back. If the SEMA car is here, you should fly on up! :thumbs :lol

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Anyone make it to the Buffalo Auto Show today?
So impatient! :glol

I have to disappoint you. I made it, and the SEMA Sol is a no-show as I suspected. The article was probably written well in advance, before GM decided to pull the SEMA Sol from the SEMA show.

They did have a pre-production G6 GXP coupe which was nice. They even let people crawl through it. Seats are comfy, and the gearshift falls just right. The dash seemed a little too far away, but that may have been a result of the seating position. I didn't try to adjust it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
:cryin

Look what you did GM, you made me cry. :(

hehehe, yeah it was too good to be true. Guess we'll have to keep waiting for the SEMA Solstice to actually be shown. That's if it really exists...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts