Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
sjw, that's a freakin BEAST!

P.S. May I be your tire supplier? I could retire early!:nerd::laugh::kiss:
Haha, yeah the DRs are going to have a very limited life span. I should probably start putting cash away now for the next pair.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
1000hp DSS axles.

On install found that they were making contact with the ABS rings and needed a bit of milling. This is just one of many small, unforeseeable, details that add time to an already complicated build.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Driveshaft safety loop installed and buttoned up. Car should be hitting the dyno this weekend for tuning.

Having an issue with the Norm re-modified hood still not clearing the supercharger. The ZR1 like window idea is a flop. With recent events at his shop there is no reason to send it back and expect it to be fixed anytime this decade. Dave will try making lemonade from lemons by fabricating a metal trim ring around the opening, Callaway style (pic is for reference only. I will post pics of my hood once it is finished)

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Won't be long now, a few more days ?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How'd the hood work out? You could always add a scoop like my Edelbrock Coupe.
The hood. Thats a bit of a sore spot. Its the one piece in this build that I feel like I am compromising on. And it is only in the interest of time. I really want to be driving the car before winter and if we send the hood back to Norm that wont likely happen. A simple raised cowl would be perfect and frankly what I was expecting. Norm got extra creative, it ended up not working, and now time has become an issue. Im going to give the cut out and custom trim piece a chance. If I end up not liking it we have some very talented local guys that can re do it. Which, when all is said and done, will make it the most expensive piece of fiberglass Ive ever owned. As soon as I have pics of the hood from Dave I will post them.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
One of the memory chips in the ECU decided to take a dump. Glad it happened in the shop and not at home. New ECU from Ken Kelly arrived a couple days ago. Took Dave two full days to transfer the info from the old to the new. He should have the car on the road this weekend putting some miles on it and fine tuning it before hitting the dyno for some full power pulls.

Also, due to Daves Jedi mind powers, decided to add a set of Recaros. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Car is on the road. Dave is working out a few gremlins with the shifting of the new trans.

Here is a pic of the cockpit with the new paddle shifters and the digital gear indicator. And a gratuitous shot of the backside.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looking sweet!!! Glad you finally got it on the road!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Awesome machine !

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
When the paddle shifters were first being put in the KAPPAs, people were complaining the shifts were delayed or soft, did Dave solve that problem? What brand of paddles did he use? Are you going to start out doing 1/8 mile for shake down? Short wheelbase cars can be a handful on the 1/4 mile top end with that much power! Beautiful car BTW :thumbs:

21 - 40 of 130 Posts