Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
My time as a Solstice owner has come to an end. We went as far as we could go with this project and it was time to move on. You never know but the Solstice will likely be the most unique car I`ll ever own and I enjoyed the years we had with it.

One of my dreams has always been to own a 1000+HP car and it was never going to be the Kappa. The money from the sale of it has already been invested to make that dream a reality.

I`ll continue to lurk around and keep tabs on where these cars go and what happens to them as they will always be special to me.

Cheers.

- Shawn

·
Registered
468 Posts
the car looked good, good luck on your new toy,I went the other way from lotsa power to...a 2.4 solstice. not a eazy thing to do. I was surprised yours left so soft and the hp ## were low with the super on it, it musta been a real mild engine. what ya building now? I do miss my old street daily driven mid 6 sec(8th)mile car and hitting the road chasing the nhra top sportsman points and the promod....thus the backwards move to the solstice after selling off all my high hp engines stuff&new unfinished suncoast racecars "street car". so.. whatcha building?? turbo? bottle?super?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
the car looked good, good luck on your new toy,I went the other way from lotsa power to...a 2.4 solstice. not a eazy thing to do. I was surprised yours left so soft and the hp ## were low with the super on it, it musta been a real mild engine. what ya building now? I do miss my old street daily driven mid 6 sec(8th)mile car and hitting the road chasing the nhra top sportsman points and the promod....thus the backwards move to the solstice after selling off all my high hp engines stuff&new unfinished suncoast racecars "street car". so.. whatcha building?? turbo? bottle?super?
Im not sure most people would think a 600whp street car is low on HP, lol.

Got a `72 Chevelle running a Procharged 509. It made 1350hp on the engine dyno at 16psi on E85. The current pully has it at 20 psi. It will run in Street Class so its 100% street legal.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
yes now days thats low,that was my old small block mopar daily driven street car. the last one I sold a few months ago was a tad bit bigger....tall deck BBC,dart 390 cnc heads 4.5"Crower rotating assy ,roller, etc. Im trying to get it all out of my system....but it aint working so good....

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
What a sad end for a nice car
Agreed, but it wasn't going to end any other way. It had burned up a piston ring and the idea of dropping any more money into it that I would never get back, well, I just had to say enough was enough. The car was worth less every year I owned it and the market of potential buyers is nearly non existent. Parting it out is the smartest way to go, I just didn't want to spend the next six months doing it so I found someone who did.

Im not complaining its just the reality of the car and mods we did. We had a blast with it and I knew going into it I would never get a monetary return on the investment.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts