Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was built Oct 4th and still has not been shipped according to my dealer. Is anybody else having this same experience? Getting frustrated with the whole process myself. I do not understand why over a month has passed since my Sols. production, and it still just sits there. Thanks for letting me rant.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Solstice's are coming soon!.......

Short story, a few quality issues, not enough transportation trucks & who knows what else. Keep your head up, its coming soon! :yesnod: Looks like we should see many cars shipping over the next two weeks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dnjsdad:

Mine was built on Sept 23 was held up for Quality Control and was bayed a couple of times the last I heard, last week, it was was identified as "hot" to ship what ever that means. Hang in there.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Built the 14th and has yet to move from 3800, I sympathize.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Dealer says mine was built in September...have not heard a word on it's whereabouts. No rhyme or reason to when they ship vs when they were built...some get 'em almost immediately, others wait for months. I know of cars with VIN's 1000+ above mine that are on the street now, makes no sense.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
ARKTEK said:
Dnjsdad:

Mine was built on Sept 23 was held up for Quality Control and was bayed a couple of times the last I heard, last week, it was was identified as "hot" to ship what ever that means. Hang in there.
I would guess that "hot" to ship is Event Code 4000, Available to Ship. Still have to go:
4104 Bailment Invoice
4B00 Bayed
4106 Release Bailment
4150 Original Invoice
and then the magic 4200 Shipped
which means Shipping pretty soon.

It would be nice if y'all put your VIN in your signatures so we have some idea. At the top of any page of posts, select User CP, then on the left select Edit Signature, then add whatever you like there. But the VIN helps us remember who you are, PLEASE? :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I would guess that "hot" to ship is Event Code 4000, Available to Ship. Still have to go:
4104 Bailment Invoice
4B00 Bayed
4106 Release Bailment
4150 Original Invoice
and then the magic 4200 Shipped
which means Shipping pretty soon.

It would be nice if y'all put your VIN in your signatures so we have some idea. At the top of any page of posts, select User CP, then on the left select Edit Signature, then add whatever you like there. But the VIN helps us remember who you are, PLEASE? :)

no, It's been 4150 and 4B00 and back to 4150 as of 10/31

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
ARKTEK said:
Strange, maybe they had to correct your invoice for something. Maybe they left off or added polished wheels or something. Anyway, looking good! Next should be shipped! Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Strange, maybe they had to correct your invoice for something. Maybe they left off or added polished wheels or something. Anyway, looking good! Next should be shipped! Good luck.

Hope so, we are still pretty lucky with the weather here in Ohio for November

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine was built (3800) on 10/05. It was invoiced (4150) the next day. Checked w/ dealer last Thursday and still stuck at 4150.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here

My car vin # 2849 has been sitting since October. My dealer has been keeping me inforemed. He said they got they last of there first 1000 cars. He stated it had over 18 colored dots on it for inspection and rework. I'm guessing they all are going through a major quality hold. I cannot wait to pick mine up with a flatbed truck since there will be snow on the ground. :cryin: :cryin: :confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Built 10/3 - Shipped 10/28

My vin#2405 was built (3800) 10/3, invoiced (4150) 10/5, and shipped (4200) on 10/28. I'm hearing from dealer that delivery is expected this coming week (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Will I be seeing Sally soon?

I have VIN #2309. My dealer told me anytime Nov 8-11. 2005 I hope.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm #2328, built on 9/30 and I like the sound of the few posts above me here where you were told this week for delivery since my VIN# is close to yours!! :yesnod:

My dealer keeps saying he has heard nothing, and doesn't seem to want to really make any phone calls to check the status, and says that he just goes and checks each morning as to whether my car has arrived yet.

I only want to know if it's still at the plant or is on its way!! Being down here in Texas, I just want to know when my 3 week delivery by train and truck adventure has started so I can sort of know when to expect it.

Right now..........I have no clue!! :( :( :(

I do feel as though we will see a lot of arrivals in the next few weeks here on the forum. :)

- bspate -

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
bspate, ask for (no, DEMAND) a printout of your Vehicle Order Event History. It takes the dealer 60 seconds, not a bother at all!

You should ask for one, I suggest every Friday. Tomorrow just to catch up with last Friday!

Then post your Event Codes and dates. Inquiring minds want to know!

PS: See you Saturdayat High Noon!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Pterosaur said:
Dealer says mine was built in September...have not heard a word on it's whereabouts. No rhyme or reason to when they ship vs when they were built...some get 'em almost immediately, others wait for months. I know of cars with VIN's 1000+ above mine that are on the street now, makes no sense.
I agree but not many.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ARKTEK said:
If it was 4B00 that means bayed. Your car was probably on hold for the quality issues. Which are one of the following:

Deck seal in trunk
New rubber seal around windows
New side windows.

It's back to 4150 which I believe is a good sign, probably fixed and waiting to ship. Rebember now that they have fixed a bunch of cars, they had so many to ship but it should be there shortly. See the post "Tracking" and have your dealer call the trucking company. I know alot of cars going to ohio are going by truck only.

See post 68 by MCEB, these are the important post.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dnjsdad said:
My car was built Oct 4th and still has not been shipped according to my dealer. Is anybody else having this same experience? Getting frustrated with the whole process myself. I do not understand why over a month has passed since my Sols. production, and it still just sits there. Thanks for letting me rant.

9/19 built and still not here.
There was a post that alot are shipping this week so lets hope ours are on there way.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.