Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering how many of you guys with the le5 have actually built the motor and running a pretty good size turbo.

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
It would help if you were more specific as to your goals.

Many have goine the supercharger route with great success. Basically a 2.4 with the DDM stage 3 installed and a good tune are performing at or slightly better than a tuned 2.0 turbo car. A bit more power on the bottom end, a bit less on the upper end. Reliability and driveability remain very good.

Hahn, Werks and DDM all sell turbo kits for the 2.4. There have been reports from owners of all three that they liked the resultant performance however they are very few with the vast majority of owners choosing to go with the supercharger kits.

As with the 2.0 cars, there are instances of owners pushing the 2.4s too far and blowing them up as well.

It really depends on what you are looking for in your particular case.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would help if you were more specific as to your goals.

Many have goine the supercharger route with great success. Basically a 2.4 with the DDM stage 3 installed and a good tune are performing at or slightly better than a tuned 2.0 turbo car. A bit more power on the bottom end, a bit less on the upper end. Reliability and driveability remain very good.

Hahn, Werks and DDM all sell turbo kits for the 2.4. There have been reports from owners of all three that they liked the resultant performance however they are very few with the vast majority of owners choosing to go with the supercharger kits.

As with the 2.0 cars, there are instances of owners pushing the 2.4s too far and blowing them up as well.

It really depends on what you are looking for in your particular case.

As far as goals go I'm not too sure what I'd like. I had the Hahn stage 3 kit on mine and Finally spun a rod bearing do to an oil leak. I was just wondering what people have built the LE5. My brother and I are planning on building my motor and fabbing up a custom turbo kit. I've thought about motor swaps but I kinda wanna keep the 2.4. I have a cobalt ss tc for my daily it has full bolt ons and a trifecta tune. I put down 312whp and 381trq on a mustang dyno and it walked all over my sky. Haha so is there any one here making good power with their 2.4?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts