Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently purchased a 2007 gxp in canada.. there is a toggle botton under the dash near the hood release, can anyone tell me what it is for?? thx John:nerd:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
don't have a clue. Does it look like something that was added by a previous owner? have you toggled it to see what happens? There's nothing under my dash in that area.

curiosity is killing me, let us know what you discover.

Bill

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Probably something to do with an alarm or kill switch, or maybe extra lighting? Certainly added aftermarket and not a factory item.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket stereo? if so it could be a switch to enable videos on the Head unit - usually they are tied to the parking brake to disable the feature while driving.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Nitrous?

Only non-stock button I have is a mute for the onboard radar system.

You can usually tell whether a switch is in the same style as OEM - if not, probably an add-on.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I have switched under my dash for my under car LEDs...

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I have switched under my dash for my under car LEDs...
Is that so you can find your keys when you drop them at night?

:laugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nothing in mine like that either, but I agree the most likely thing is that it is an ignition kill switch. I installed one in my 1968 AMX.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
It is unlikely to cause an explosion if pushed, flipped or otherwise activated, unless you found James Bond's former Solstice.

Hit the damn thing and see what happens,

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I have a button under the steering wheel in my cars for the garage-door-opener mod.
However, that is a button switch, not a toggle switch...

If a true toggle switch that is pretty much visible, then it shouldn't be an ignition cutoff switch.
I vote for lights of some type...

- - - -
garage door opener post -> https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/chemist-mod-hard-wired-garage-door-remote-25866/

this guy put the button switch in the windshield frame. I put it under the steering wheel...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts