Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some potentially great news :crazy: on my answering machine: I can give up my order and take a Deep Sol ordered (but turned down) by someone else. Switching from Sly to Deep is fine, as Deep is my second fave...and it's got all the options I want (plus one I didn't want to pay for: chrome wheels).

I'm in the military and will be traveling 700 miles to pick it up in my home state. I'll ask about the VIN #, miles & condition of the top & paint job. I'll also lock in the price. Since I won't be around the dealership one minute more than necessary, give me any other questions you'd ask before paying for a one way plane ticket...gracias!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Can you get financing done (or at least started) before you make the trip? This will save time.

Thouroughly inspect the car, get all the minor issues documented, and ask if the fixes can be done at a dealer nearer your home. Fixes are normally done by the selling dealer, so you may want to get the contact info for the service department of a local dealer before you go so you can provide it to the selling dealer so that they can work out a deal if possible to get the work done.

All I can think of right away.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Have him fax you a copy of the options. Just to double check. See if it's MSRP for the car in advance so you know what you will be paying.
And then go pick her up ! Congrats!

By the way I like crome wheels, I had to get polished the weren't available when I ordered.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deluke said:
By the way I like crome wheels, I had to get polished the weren't available when I ordered.
Maybe we can trade. ;)

If the chrome holds up for a decade, I'll be OK w/them. I had a set that looked awfully tacky after 100K miles though...and I plan to drive this car well beyond that.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.