Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I learned that my dealer had been feeding me a line for the past month. When I ordered my Solstice back in May, over the phone, my dealer assured me he had two cars left in his initial allocation of 12, and that my order would be one of those remaining two. In the month since, he has dodged my repeated questions about this issue, until I was forced to take a road trip to confront him in person. At which point, I learned that my order was NOT part of his initial allocation after all. In fact, the dealership had already taken over 20 orders before mine. Yet, despite having an initial allocation of only 12, he had no compuction about telling me he still had cars left from his initial allocation at the time I ordered. When I asked him why he told me he had two cars left when clearly he didn't, he played the hapless dealer and told me that's what he thought at the time!

Unfortunately, there is little I can do now, having let a month pass without looking for an available Solstice elsewhere. At this point, if I take my order to another dealership I'll simply be further down another list.

Why is it that so many dealers, with the exception of the praiseworthy ones who have made valuable contributions to this forum, seem to have so little scruples about how they conduct business? It just makes one repulsed to have to do business with them.

I'd love to post the dealership's name, in case anyone else is currently being duped by this same dealer and under the impression they have a first allocation car when they don't, but I won't b/c of forum rules. Let's just say I travelled to West Palm Beach this weekend to pay him a visit.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Do a search of recent threads of past few days because I recall info about a dealer whose only sale to date is an extra allocation and he still has 2 left.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sorry to hear that kind of stuff. Good advice to make sure people are aware because some sales guys might spin a tale to keep a buyer hooked in.

:(

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
It certainly helps to (20/20 hindsight) get that stuff in writing if you are not 110% sure of who you are dealing with.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
achieftain said:
Do a search of recent threads of past few days because I recall info about a dealer whose only sale to date is an extra allocation and he still has 2 left.
I'll definitely take a look. I don't mind making a serious roadtrip, if for no other purpose than to be able to pull my order from this dealer.

Any leads as to where to start searching? There are a LOT of threads to search through...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know how you feel. My first Firebird was sold to me by one of those bastards. I got screwed left and right. I now only go to Rydell. 5 of my good friends are sales men there, and I've bought 3 cars from them without a scrap of problem. They're great there.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Would this guy's name happen to be Tim Jaques?

Please say it ain't soo...

Schumacher Pontiac???

Todd

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
82-T/A said:
Would this guy's name happen to be Tim Jaques?

Please say it ain't soo...

Schumacher Pontiac???
Correct dealership, but I wasn't dealing directly with the sales manager. However, when I visited this weekend, I did have the "pleasure" of meeting Mr Jacques. Is this where you've ordered your Solstice. Were you told you have an initial allocation? If so, and you don't have it in writing, you may want to pay them a visit.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
achieftain said:
There are two people who posted recently about dealers with little interest in their allocation cars so far and have 3 of their 4 cars left. One near Latrobe, PA and the other around Austin, TX. Don't foget that you should be able to arrange to have your car shipped to your local dealer instead of going on a road trip. It might take a little legwork, but that should give you a place to start. Here's the thread ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2905&page=3&pp=15

Of course, it would be best to check with our supporting dealer here first, but I can't imagine that he has any Solstices left to sell. Anybody know for sure?

Oh well ... good luck

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Originally Posted by achieftain
I posted what achieftan remembers and it was a NJ dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have never dealt with a dealership before, all my cars have been private party purchases -the solstice will be my first brand spankin' new car. Since we have the discussion going about dealers to watch out for, can anyone mention some dealerships that they love and trust? Especially if you live near San Francisco, CA.

- :willy:

·
Registered
891 Posts
newfan said:
Correct dealership, but I wasn't dealing directly with the sales manager. However, when I visited this weekend, I did have the "pleasure" of meeting Mr Jacques. Is this where you've ordered your Solstice. Were you told you have an initial allocation? If so, and you don't have it in writing, you may want to pay them a visit.

He said that we were guaranteed a car. On top of that, he also said that his dealership was getting 700 Solstices because his Dealership was the largest Pontiac dealership in the South East. (who knows if that's true).

I DID get an order sheet, which basically had all my options and other things on it. It also has some order numbers on it and whatnot.

I didn't see anything about a VOM.

Does this mean I got duped too???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you put a deposit down in your initial order?

I've luckily moved up at my dealership already. They are directly getting 5 in and have a sister dealership with another 5 and I was somwhere between 6 and 8.. all with $1000 deposits and was just told I moved up to 5th on the list.

·
Registered
891 Posts
lespaul85 said:
Did you put a deposit down in your initial order?

I've luckily moved up at my dealership already. They are directly getting 5 in and have a sister dealership with another 5 and I was somwhere between 6 and 8.. all with $1000 deposits and was just told I moved up to 5th on the list.

Yeah, I put down a $1,000 deposit.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My dealer has a first allocation car if that would help you I don't know where you are from but my dealer told me the other day that I was the only person to ever ask about the Solstice and that their allocation of 1 was still unsold.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
82-T/A said:
He said that we were guaranteed a car. On top of that, he also said that his dealership was getting 700 Solstices because his Dealership was the largest Pontiac dealership in the South East. (who knows if that's true).

I DID get an order sheet, which basically had all my options and other things on it. It also has some order numbers on it and whatnot.

I didn't see anything about a VOM.

Does this mean I got duped too???
You might want to go down and have them show you your order in the VOMS system. If you had oen of their first 4 month allocations they would have had to put you in and assign your car in the system a priority. Based off that you should be able to figure out if you have one of thier first 4 months allocations or not.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
And we discussed that 700 figure a while back, that's for a whole region of the country not one dealership. Typical allocation might be 12 or 15 for a mega dealership (<6 for average size).

·
Registered
891 Posts
mceb said:
And we discussed that 700 figure a while back, that's for a whole region of the country not one dealership. Typical allocation might be 12 or 15 for a mega dealership (<6 for average size).

Well, right, I was just repeating what HE said...

Doesn't mean I believe it. He was probably confused.

Todd,
2006 Pontiac Solstice (On Order!)
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX-P74
1997 Pontiac Grand Am GT
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6 5-Speed
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6 Auto
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 SE WS6
1981 Pontiac TransAm WS6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

·
Registered
891 Posts
brentil said:
You might want to go down and have them show you your order in the VOMS system. If you had oen of their first 4 month allocations they would have had to put you in and assign your car in the system a priority. Based off that you should be able to figure out if you have one of thier first 4 months allocations or not.

Well, I'm not so concerned that I get one in the first 4 months, I'm just worried about getting a 2006 at all.

Everything that I hear suggests that pretty much all the cars planned for production are already spoken for.

But at this dealership, I did place my order back in like... I think it was May 3rd. So hopefully I got in on his allocation.

When I look at my dealer order sheet... I don't see anything about VOM being in there, but I do see something that says "Allocation Number:" and it says "SOLSTC"

Any idea what that could represent?

Thanks,

Todd,
2006 Pontiac Solstice (On Order!)
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX-P74
1997 Pontiac Grand Am GT
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6 5-Speed
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6 Auto
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 SE WS6
1981 Pontiac TransAm WS6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

1 - 20 of 45 Posts