Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just negotiated a deal for a black 09 coupe, auto, 25k miles, for $23,000. Good deal?
Doesn't have the optional soft top. Anybody know where I can get one?

Also, how are these cars looking as collectibles?

Selling my 07 GXP if anyone's interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Good price for an NA, a bit low for a GXP.

You can still buy the soft top from the dealer, but make sure you would use it, otherwise why bother.

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
If you are happy, its a great price.

There are a LOT of discussions about "collectability" and how great an investment a coupe is or isn't. If you want a lively conversation keep following down this path LOL

The consensus is that yes they are a great car and no they are not a great investment. Unless you are ten years old and willing to wait 20 or 30 years for a return on your investment.

But sadly it is also held that the cars that are most likely to appreciate over a long time are GXPs with manual transmissions and little to no miles.

But the consensus is also that you should drive the car, take care of it and enjoy it while you own it and see how things come out.

Nice find.

There are tops available. Check the forsale or wanted forum. Check with Crate Engine Depot they generally can get anything that is available and have very good prices. Else check ebay

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I am assuming it is an NA? I think it is a good deal. I want a coupe to go with my roadster one day.:cool: Crate Engine Depot has the soft top for $947.75.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Just negotiated a deal for a black 09 coupe, auto, 25k miles, for $23,000. Good deal?

It's a fair deal (assuming it is a 2.4?).

Doesn't have the optional soft top. Anybody know where I can get one?

Crate Engine Depot usually have them in stock for around $1,000, but soft tops also pop up on Ebay sometimes for much less.

Also, how are these cars looking as collectibles?

With the emphasis on collectible I'd say coupes will have a decent chance of continue to be higher on the food chain due to supply and demand. Just remember relatively low-production numbers doesn't necessarily mean they will become valuable. But then I also think Kappa's verts will continue to be sought out because the majority of people still like convertibles. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Let's put this in prospective.
If someone would have purchased this year 1000 shares of Facebook after the IPO.
They fell to about $21.00, went ahead an purchase them for an investment of (21K), it would be worth today after just 7 months $75K +.
If you want to call the Solstice coupe it a collectible fine, and keep it that way is fine also, but do not think for a minute is an investment!!!

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
pictures please, as well as the last few digits of the vin...

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I bought my 2.4 red '09 Coupe with 35K miles for $24K about 6 months ago. The only 3 other Coupes for sale nationwide at the time were also priced at $24K, regardless of mileage. One had about 8K mileage and a baby blue one had 66K on it. All were $24K.

I'd say that you got a fair deal.

Value/Collectibility/Investment-wise, I'm happy knowing, based on the above, that at least my car won't DEPRECIATE in value as quickly as other cars(As long as I don't wear it out or wreck it).

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts