Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention all buyers/potential buyers of the 2006 Pontiac Solstice! Who out there is going to lease this beautiful machine and who is going to buy it?

My answer: Buying

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Make a poll...

I'm buying (in beginning it might be tough to lease with supply not being good).

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
There's really only a couple reasons I can think of for leasing.

1) You can't really afford to buy but you gatta have it.
2) You can legitimately write off the lease from your taxes. A lease you can write off the entire expense, where as a loan or cash purchase you have to depreciate over time.
3) You like changing cars every year and don't want to take the depreciation.
4) You really want the car, but need the cash flow for something else.

I can't write this one off, and since I will keep this one at least 4 years, I am definately buying. Leasing would be just throwing money away for me. Also if you are planning to do any major mods, the leasing company will probably nail you when you turn it in. Remember, when you lease, you don't own the car. You're just using it like a rental car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lease for me

I'm most likly opt for a lease, as I know i will upgrade ever few years. Lately my vehical turn around time has been under 3 years. And if you look at he used market for convertibles thier depreciation is just as bad as a hard shell counterparts.
In some cases they are worse due to the fact that
tops do deteriorate after about 5 years +/-,
the interiors get a beating due to constant sunlight, ocassional rain
discretions, and CONSTANT DIRT.
As new models come out, the original Solstice will be the least valuable in the long run.
One other bad thing is, this is a SPORTS car, I know im going to drive this car hard! let someone else foot the bill for the beatings.

Right now I own 3 cars, 1 currently buying, 2 bought used and paid out, how ever I have leased many cars already, and found it to be a great route toher than buying used.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
ambient said:
As new models come out, the original Solstice will be the least valuable in the long run.
That theory didn't pan out with the '53 vette :yesnod

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I did a new thread to get a poll up on this, since it is easier to see the overall total of answerd. It is here:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426

PS, I will buy my Solstice! GM doesn't lease in NYS anyway (although their SmartBuy program with a final ballon payment is basically the same thing).

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I'll be buying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts