Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Will you be buying without a test drive (from a pre-order)

• Yes - I'm taking a chance

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No - I'll wait to test drive myself

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Maybe - I"ll wait until the car mags test it first

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did it with my SUV (1st year Escape) and it worked out OK.

How about taking a chance on GM faith?

Hopefully there will be some car mag test drives that do some digging before they hit showrooms.

T

·
0 Posts
Top-Up picture

Has anyone seen a picture with the top in the up position? I've looked on all the sites Google found and couldn't come up with a single picture with the top up.

I remember an early Chrysler that looked good with the top down, but really was bad with the top up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Top-Up picture

TyAndJan said:
Has anyone seen a picture with the top in the up position? I've looked on all the sites Google found and couldn't come up with a single picture with the top up.

I remember an early Chrysler that looked good with the top down, but really was bad with the top up.
There have been a few discussions on this thread about the top. Here is a link http://www.popsci.com/popsci/auto/article/0,12543,233259-1,00.html to an article. On the last page(?) there is a full-scale clay model of the concept.

P.S. Please learn to use the search feature and don't hijack threads. Thanks :nono

T

·
0 Posts

The question was whether we would buy the soltice on a pre-order. Following all the links provided (that you so kindly suggested) had not shown me a single picture of the car with a top on it. Yes, there was the clay mockup, but what does that tell you.

Without seeing at least a picture of it with a top, I wouldn't buy it on a pre-order.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Without seeing at least a picture of it with a top, I wouldn't buy it on a pre-order.
Without saying this in your original post, it is very easy to assume that you were a n00b hijacking a thread without doing any searching of the forum. No hard feelings. :cheers

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure they'll be a picture of final version before ordering begins next spring(?). That will include the top I'm sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For me the jury is still out. If you pre-order can you still kinda pick your color? Are you stuck with whatever they get in? "I know you wanted Rally Red but all we got is Pea Green?" Something like that.

I've never pre-ordered before so I was just wondering.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pre-order in my mind is a factory order so it will include everything...color, options etc. By the time they open up orders all the info will be on the table including price.

That's my experience when I ordered my SUV in 2000.

·
Registered
281 Posts
what is "pre-order"? is that ordering before the general public can?

i would always order a vehicle and never take one off the lot. that way you can stipulate that when the car comes in, no amateur fux up the clearcoat and no dealership badges get put on the car. also, there is far less chance of any hard miles put on the car. screw buying off the lot.

anyways, a couple hundred down would be sufficient to place an order for any car. if the car comes in and you dont like it, most likely you will get your money back. its not like they are gonna have a hard time selling these. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be on somebodys dealership's list waiting for it.I don't need to see it in front of me,touch it, before hand.I fell in love with this car when I first seen picts in the mag.:smile

1 - 12 of 12 Posts