Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the brushed aluminum centers on the climate control knobs are gone for good. I was browsing through the gallery on Pontiac's site, and I noticed that alot of the pics on there now feature plastic centers on the dials. Too bad. I really liked the brushed aluminum look better. :(

Sorry if this is old news, or has been determined already. I'm not keeping up with the forum near as much lately. We're getting ready to move, so free time is at a premium these days.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Agreed...

I like the brushed aluminum dials better especially with the steel and sand intorior (which is what my order is). I think the black look is pretty good with black interior. I wonder why they cut the aluminum look... It really can't be that much more in cost especially if you "simulated" the brushed aluminum look with plastic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your right they are gone. I never noticed it but the knobs do look alot more drab now. If they are eliminated it's another good example of why american cars are so far behind on interior quality. The important little details are always left out. :nono:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Man, it's going down hill :(

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I would assume that the aluminum knobs might have been harder to read and/or caused glare in sunlight. At night, the white text on the black knobs lights up red. The aluminun knobs had black text in daylight and I'm not sure how you would have illuminated them for night driving. Just something to think about. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Two of the pictures still show the brushed aluminum controls. (in the black car) I wonder if it's the lighting. The red indicators on the controls look like they've been airbrushed in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
from my understanding the brushed aluminum is back in! BUT ONLY if you order the contrasting interiors (ie steel/sand).

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
davioh said:
from my understanding the brushed aluminum is back in! BUT ONLY if you order the contrasting interiors (ie steel/sand).
What gave you this impression? I have not seen anything about this, but hope that it is true! I did order 2-tone and really like the look. I was hoping for after-market replacements!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts