Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
John Caddy said:
Hello Forum! Had some fun redrawing the solstice with Caddy good looks
Caddy good looks?? :confused Oh, you must mean a long time ago. Actually, I like your sketch better than the XLR. It's curvier and not so much of the low res video game look.

·
Registered
281 Posts
John Caddy said:
Hello Forum! Had some fun redrawing the solstice with Caddy good looks :)

I call it the XCR (Compact XLR (XLR is the corvette based caddy roadster)).

JC
i wish i could draw that well...or at all! if you have time, try using the vauxhall lightning as a starting point. put the CTS-V grille on it and CTS or STS headlights. the lightnings lines mesh very well with caddys current art & science scheme. for awhile, i was the only one who thought it would make a good caddy, but now i got a couple converts! :jester

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bizz said:
i wish i could draw that well...or at all! if you have time, try using the vauxhall lightning as a starting point. put the CTS-V grille on it and CTS or STS headlights. the lightnings lines mesh very well with caddys current art & science scheme. for awhile, i was the only one who thought it would make a good caddy, but now i got a couple converts!
I'll give it a shot... Thanks

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Nice drawing! Cadillac should have hired you to design the XLR (and the rest of their lineup!) They went a little overboard with the chisled look, and adding some curves back into it as you did in the drawing helps out a LOT! Nice job!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think the idea of a Kappa based cadillac is awesome...

Maybe a competitor for the MB 350SLK AMG?

Probably won't because of so many comprises built into the Kappa chassis but kind of a cool idea..

Would be neat if they extended the front frame rails....threw in a strong 3.6 V6 from the CTS ..then extend the rear frame rails so there was room for a trunk with a hardtop roof lowered..

Would Cadillac sell the needed 10k copies a year ? (even with the hydroformed body panels thats about the minimum needed to be profitable or so its been said)

Will this car happen? I doubt it...but it would be interesting...

Maybe a 2 + 2 Caddy coupe or convertible based off the kappa platform has more marketing potiential...

Just increase the wheelbase with longer frame rails?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts