Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the current article on http://fastlane.gmblogs.com on the BLS Caddy being built strictly for 'unique Euorpean driving conditions' (my quotes)? And all the responses saying in effect - its about time GM built a true European sedan, now please sell it here so I can trade in my Audi/BMW/MERC/Volvo/Lexus/Infinity/Jag/etc on an American car I want to drive.

Comments welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I love how all the current car commercials keep trying to advertise "Euro inspired handling/suspension/design." I've always wondered, what's this Euro design for suspension and handling really mean? Do our cars suck so much that we have to steal their suspension settings to make ours cool again?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
I love how all the current car commercials keep trying to advertise "Euro inspired handling/suspension/design." I've always wondered, what's this Euro design for suspension and handling really mean? Do our cars suck so much that we have to steal their suspension settings to make ours cool again?
Good question! My gut reaction is it means that the car is not an old time Detroit cloud mobile on the road. Handling that is sporty in the turns and smooth over bumps.

Unfortunately, everything seems to get Euro inspired handling, etc lately, and everything obviously doesn't ride the same.

Marketing speak! :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts