Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone way out here on the west coast received their car yet? My dealer told me that mine should be here 09/21 but only time will tell. :willy:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...I think

solkool said:
Has anyone way out here on the west coast received their car yet? My dealer told me that mine should be here 09/21 but only time will tell. :willy:
I heard a guy in Riverside got his.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

solkool said:
thanks for the info. Is he a forum member?
yes. I think I saw it in the thread about starting some California Sol clubs.
:cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
mine is built and is waiting transit to central California..hopefully before or after a quick stop in Livermore!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
One of "the Daves" (DreamerDave or AeroDave, I get 'em confused) lives in the Bay Area, ahd has received his first 1K car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was Due on the 9th....

My dealer in Fountain Valley (OC) gave me a delivery date of Sept. 10th. The Friday before the 10th I called him for an update. He called Pontiac for status and ws sorry to inform me that my car was still in Wilmington. I called Pontiac last Friday and they said my Sol was STILL waiting to be loaded. I am hoping the due date for Tustin is on the money; because some more west coasters will get their Sols as well! (me,me,me) :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Delivery times are not estimates, they are GUESSES!

The delivery dates you are getting from your dealers are guesses.

Here's a post from Small Dealer talking about them:
Crimson Avenger said:
A while back, Small Dealer posted some interesting retrospective research on transit times. It was for a different vehicle and from a plant in Baltimore, but it's interesting. The point is that it can take a fair number of days--as many as 24 to 30 days.

Here's an excerpt of the posting. The original is located at link to: Transit Time Research
Small Dealer said:
Boston, MA (3).............21 Days
2-Baltimore, MD (5).........4 Days (Plant is in Baltimore)
2-Richmond, VA (0)
2-Norfolk, VA (3)...........10 Days
2-Philadelphia, PA (5).......6 Days
Columbus, OH (2)...........5 Days
Detroit, MI (5)..............16 Days
Miami, FL (1)................24 Days
2-Orlando, FL (2)..........39 Days (Last Sept/Oct, Hurricane effect?)
2-Jacksonvile, FL (1).....30 Days
Atlanta, GA (4).............18 Days
Kansas City, MO (1).......24 Days
Midland, TX (0)
Phoenix, AZ (3).............15 Days
Salt Lake City, UT (0)
Los Angeles, CA (0)
Oakland, CA (2).............17 Days
San Diego (4)................17 Days
Seattle, WA (3).............20 Days
Again, congratulations.
The point of this is that California is probably closer to the 24 to 30 day mark.

·
Registered
177 Posts
VIN #180 is due in Mira Loma on the 27th and down here within 48 hours later, hopefully the 29th. I knew being in the SW corner of the USA wouldn't help. Mine was actually due on the 29th of August but may have had quality control issues. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have #82 in Riverside. Have a couple of hundred miles on it now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
delivery update

Just as I feared. Build date 8/24.....first delivery date 9/21.. missed for unknown reasons...second delivery date 9/30. Still will not hold my breath. :cuss:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Two Solstices in So. Cal?

SolLate said:
I have #82 in Riverside. Have a couple of hundred miles on it now.
SolLate, were you in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. last week? My wife and son saw a Solstice on Daycreek and the 210 Freeway. I won't have my car till later October. I think there is another Solstice (1st 1000) in Pomona, CA........ :cool:

·
Registered
414 Posts
On rail car

My car was to be delivered to Oregon on September 16th. Dealer called DBC today and found that it was on a rail car in Haines Oregon. Due at the distribution center on September 21st. Maybe the train stopped in California on the way? :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish the train was here on time as written. Too BAD the entire marketing process has cast a dark cloud on what appears to be a great car. Only time will tell and after the first 1000 and allocation cars are delivered, no one is going to give a rats A** anyway. Problem is we will always remember.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Los Angeles-1st Solstice (I Think)

Got mine today #451. I was told it was the first in LA. I Don't know if that is true but I do love this car!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FallSolstice said:
Got mine today #451. I was told it was the first in LA. I Don't know if that is true but I do love this car!
Congrats. What color and options did you choose? Send us those pics and drive drive drive. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hey West Coasters, get out the vote!

First, contratulations FallSolstice! That's great. I'm willing to bet yours is the first in LA.

Now, for all of you folks on the west coast, we need you to go over to this Poll and vote for your Venue Choice. See the thread: So far, we haven't heard from the following folks:
  • 1 n 1K
  • Duner
  • FallSolstice
  • Lactose
  • Marlene209
  • RichSol
  • Wade_in_CA
  • lepiane
  • oregon solstice
  • solkool
If you're a local and will not stay the night, but will attend the meeting, just post to the thread saying you'll be there. (not enough poll options for 3 more choices to cover that condition ;))

1 - 20 of 65 Posts