Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Caw-lee-four-knee-uns, (as our gov says), how bout checking in here to see just how many of us there are with Sols in the works.

I am from So Cal, Inland Empire to be exact. Tried for the 1st 1k, but got wait-listed, and am now 2d in line at a Moreno Valley dealer. Black, with Steel/sand, polished alum, and most of the premiums, exc xm, on-star, dic.
:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Norther CA

About 45 miles north of Sacramento. Lucky to be one of the first 1,000. Just found out today my car is in production, about half way thru the line. Sly, fully loaded except smokers pkg and polished alum wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Northern CA

Bay Area here. First four month allocation, dealer said last week mine somehow mine is going to be the first at his dealership. Ordered Deep, two tone, all packages...counting the days till it gets here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am in Riverside and have my order at Superior in Ontario. When you get your car give me a call. I am very late to the party.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm in Irvine, CA and I ordered on August 12th. I'm still trying to get my VOM # but hopefully I'll get that soon. Ordered Deep, Steel/Sand with all options except OnStar/XM/6-disc CD-player.

·
Registered
121 Posts
San Diego here. Don't have an order in yet, but waiting to see them on the streets. I own a Triumph TR6 and have a 2000 Corvette as a DD, so I can wait a little while longer. May hold out for the GXP.

·
4,592 Posts
Valencia CA, 30 miles North of LA.

Nothing on order. My hold-me-over is already 8 months old, so the Sols better hit the lots soon ;)

Would love to see those Sols when you So Cal people get them!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Like the caption under my avatar says....

Glendale here.

I went into the dealership on 2005-04-15 knowing full well that there were over 1000 registered members of the forum, over 2000 dealerships which had signed up to participate, and that I had a very slim (<25%) chance of getting one of the 1st 1000, but the probability fields aligned for me that day.

Since my order was also "Sly", and those units have begun their trips down the line, I should know relatively soon. However, with the current staff remaining at the dealership, there's a notable lack of savvy with regard to the VOM system, and they're playing it very close to the vest.

I'm just applying a Zen like patience. :cool: That's working out pretty well, yup! :yesnod:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm the lucky one down here in SD. the ride & drive for the dealers (and coniving customers?) is in Riverside, I believe on the 24th or 25th. mine is due in on the 29th, and will be on display for a few days at Hine.. can't be too specific just yet. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Santa Maria

As it gets closer the wait gets worse!
Confirmed Early Order Program/First1000 Aggressive/XM/AC/Power/Convenience/Premium

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mountain View

bay area here, 30 min south of San fran. I am first in dealers first allocation, but am apparently looking at a December delivery...

Not sure how I can be first in the first allocation and stil be waiting until DEC, but I went to a small dealership near Monterey, so maybe GM is giving the dealer the shaft b/c they only have 4 allocated...?

Whose going to be first delivered in the bay area?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm in Oakland. Hoping my car shows this week. It is "On the Truck" as they say. It's coming to San Leandro.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Monterey, here. Ordered mine from a dealer in the Baltimore/DC area before I moved out here. It's the first car in their first allocation. Will be drop shipped out here whenever GMLD gets around to building it.

Say, anyone coming my way this weekend for any of the festivities? (Concors de Elegance (sp?) at Pebble Beach/Monterey Historic auto races at Laguna Seca). I'll be at the Laguna on Saturday, and I might check out the Concorso Italiano on Friday if I can manage to get in as a volunteer "working" security or something ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Rancho Cucamonga, CA.......Inland Empire

Have orders in at two different dealerships! :yesnod: Would love to see the first car that hits the Inland Empire. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
108 Posts
LUCKY1K said:
About 45 miles north of Sacramento. Lucky to be one of the first 1,000. Just found out today my car is in production, about half way thru the line. Sly, fully loaded except smokers pkg and polished alum wheels.
Lucky, Are you in Williams or Chico?

I'm WAAAAAAY up in Redding (Hence the sundial bridge avatar). I've got a first 1k Sly fully loaded.

·
Registered
212 Posts
San Fernando Valley checking in

Ordered mine 4/15 told last weekend late September (maybe). They haven't been overly responsive, although last week was the first time I checked in (I just missed EOP). I did get a PT Cruiser Turbo so as to not miss the summer, almost the exact color combo as my Sol order, so I'm almost thinking unless the Sol is everything I expect I might pass and wait for a turbo or V6.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wade_in_CA said:
Received my VIN today!
Sly w/ everything but the XM
My baby was built (born) yesterday!
:willy:
Nah, think conceived, it's much more fun conceiving. Born is when the little devil is in your arms! :devil:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts