1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
My calipers are painted Black with red GXP stickers on them. 3 years now and they are looking good. I have had my home eye on these and might go this route down the road. I think I saw a set on eBay once from this manufacturer with "Solstice" on them!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Not tried them, but I will call "bull crunch" on the 30-50 degree cooler temps. The web page says "when tested with and infrared thermometer..." - that says to me they shot a caliper with the IR pyrometer and then shot a COVER on a caliper with the device. That means they measured the surface temp of the cover, not the caliper.

I just don't see how a flange attached with a couple of clips (as described on their web page) is actually going to draw the mass temp down by 30 to 50 degrees F.

It's a nice look, however. I painted my calipers last spring and they still look good, but I'm not driving hard for long durations either. If they hold up, I could see where someone may find the price attractive as opposed to trying to maintain paint.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
I ordered a set. I did some research and found the manufacturer in San Diego. I gave them a call and spoke with one of their customer service reps. I wanted a set without any decoration, painting or machining / engraving. After a short discussion they agreed to build me a set. They gave me a credit for the work they did not have to do, so the price was basically the same "discounted" price that the list them at on their web store.

I got them in finished but unpainted condition. I took them to my painter and had them matched to the Punisher. If you go to the Punisher thread there is more info on installation and more pics but here are a few.

I have not been able to put any miles on them yet, but they are installed and on the car. The hangers are stainless and well made. I expect they will perform very well.

I chose them for visual impact not expecting any performance enhancement. I painted my calipers in 2007 with caliper epoxy paint. It held up well but its beginning to show its age. I was going to have to repaint them or get covers. The covers offer a stronger visual statement at shows and just look custom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I ordered a set. I did some research and found the manufacturer in San Diego. I gave them a call and spoke with one of their customer service reps. I wanted a set without any decoration, painting or machining / engraving. After a short discussion they agreed to build me a set. They gave me a credit for the work they did not have to do, so the price was basically the same "discounted" price that the list them at on their web store.

I got them in finished but unpainted condition. I took them to my painter and had them matched to the Punisher. If you go to the Punisher thread there is more info on installation and more pics but here are a few.

I have not been able to put any miles on them yet, but they are installed and on the car. The hangers are stainless and well made. I expect they will perform very well.

I chose them for visual impact not expecting any performance enhancement. I painted my calipers in 2007 with caliper epoxy paint. It held up well but its beginning to show its age. I was going to have to repaint them or get covers. The covers offer a stronger visual statement at shows and just look custom.
Rob,
They look stunning!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had them for 2years. No problems at all. Look as good as the day I bought them.

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts

Pic of rear cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts