Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the DDM Wilwood (red) kit installed, I find myself needing the same color for the rears. Anyone know a color code I might use to mirror the same red as the Wilwoods? I would get the G2 custom color - or maybe someone already makes a caliper color that matches?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
Difficult to tell from a photo, but G2 do their standard red color. Might that not match?

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Difficult to tell from a photo, but G2 do their standard red color. Might that not match?
G2 is a darker red. See picture - Wilwood fronts w/ G2 painted rears.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Might want to try VHT Caliper Paint it comes in a spray can ( no mixing ) and from the pictures looks similar to mine it holds up really well another option might be to have them powder coated I took some suspension pieces in to my powdercoater Advanced Paint Technologies in the Cleveland area and he was able to get an almost perfect match .

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Powder coated I think. I've reached out to DDM for that.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotta say, those Wilwood calipers look lovely. Was install straight forward?
Well, kinda. The bolt pattern on the rotor hat is more appropriate for a wheel with a smaller mating back face diameter like the stock wheels. The forgestars have a BIG mating face (hub side of the back of the wheel). So Dave had to machine about 1/4 off the outer edge of the face of the rear of the wheel so it would clear the bolts.

The TCE kits have a deeper offset and the bolt pattern wider, so for larger faced wheels, if you don't want to machine your wheels, they might be a better match. I want to say I am happy with the DDM Kit, I just wish I knew this would be an issue before they were put on. I don't regret having to machine the wheels though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts