Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had called them at the end of July about getting a Solstice. They said they had 4 coming in and that I could have one, two or all of the 4 first 1000 that came in because the people that ordered them bought other cars. Not knowing the program I said give me two and proceeded to give deposits for both. I then started to read the rules about the first 1000 program and decided to keep my mouth shut and see what happened. Well, they arrived yesterday vin 141, 338 and I believe 562 and 564 black, sly,cool, white. I went to pick my two up. The dealer said he isn't selling them now and doesn't know what he will do with them. He was mad because he figured I was going to sell one. It turns out now that the dealer used the sales manager's wife for one order and his buddies for the others. The dealer now has bought the sly for himself and put individual not dealer plates on it! I'm unsure of what the fate of the other three will be. He told me he is sending my deposits back to me. I had my attorney leave a message for him and I also left a message at Solstice Headquarters. I'm not asking for anyone to have a pity party for me. I just want people to know what kind of dealer Rasmussen is. Feel free to call them at 217-234-8851 and ask for Bill Jr. or Kent Lowery the sales manager. See what they have to say for yourself.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
haysoon said:
I had called them at the end of July about getting a Solstice. They said they had 4 coming in and that I could have one, two or all of the 4 first 1000 that came in because the people that ordered them bought other cars. Not knowing the program I said give me two and proceeded to give deposits for both. I then started to read the rules about the first 1000 program and decided to keep my mouth shut and see what happened. Well, they arrived yesterday vin 141, 338 and I believe 562 and 564 black, sly,cool, white. I went to pick my two up. The dealer said he isn't selling them now and doesn't know what he will do with them. He was mad because he figured I was going to sell one. It turns out now that the dealer used the sales manager's wife for one order and his buddies for the others. The dealer now has bought the sly for himself and put individual not dealer plates on it! I'm unsure of what the fate of the other three will be. He told me he is sending my deposits back to me. I had my attorney leave a message for him and I also left a message at Solstice Headquarters. I'm not asking for anyone to have a pity party for me. I just want people to know what kind of dealer Rasmussen is. Feel free to call them at 217-234-8851 and ask for Bill Jr. or Kent Lowery the sales manager. See what they have to say for yourself.
THIS STINKS!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
No wonder GM made all these rules for the early order program and look they still evade all the hurdles and and still up with the cars.

Not what GM had in mind :brentil:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Call HQ Monday Morning!

cadillacricket said:
IMO they didn't follow the rules. Call Solstice HQ and rat them out.

Call Solstice HQ Monday morning. You should be able to get atleast one of them. I would like to know how they used the wife (I didn't think you could be related)!

Do you have anything in writing - on your checks, etc. that stated what the deposit was for?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have deposit receipts for each car. The salesman also gave me the order sheet for each car that shows all of the options as well as the order number. I wonder what their Pontiac rep will think when he shows up and the owner has his plates on one. Back in August when I had a hunch of what was up with the 4 available I even tried to help subtly right the wrong by hooking up member dferkler from this forum (he's a nice guy who I befriended here) with the white one they had coming in. My salesman has been nothing but kind and helpful. Because of the owner he lost 4 sales. He was put between such a rock and a hard spot because of what the owner and sales manager did.I feel really bad for him. I told him he should find a job at another dealership. We'll see what happens Monday when Pontiac gives them a little visit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just talked to Joan at the dealership. She said that they had one left, Pure Vin 564, MSRP $25000. She said they were selling it at MSRP. I asked how it was available because I thought they were all sold before ordering, Joan said she did not know how it was available.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
cadillacricket said:
I do hope they straighten things out for you, I am quickly loosing faith.
Me too. Looks like we do have something common CC.

This is an ugly story, but not surprising. A lot of posts around here slam the dealer (sales person). This one talks about the owner being the bad guy. I think people (including myself) use the word "dealer" too loosly sometimes. You know sometimes the saleman is great, but the owner sucks. That's what happened to me in the past. The owner is also the culprit for my past thread on them not calling the owner when the car was there, not the salesman.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Bonzo said:
Me too. Looks like we do have something common CC.

This is an ugly story, but not surprising. A lot of posts around here slam the dealer (sales person). This one talks about the owner being the bad guy. I think people (including myself) use the word "dealer" too loosly sometimes. You know sometimes the saleman is great, but the owner sucks. That's what happened to me in the past. The owner is also the culprit for my past thread on them not calling the owner when the car was there, not the salesman.

I am sure we have quite a bit in common. And thank you for the positive note........

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Since you have receipts... you can take them to court and ask for "specific performance" meaning they can't pay you off in cash, but have to deliver on their contract. The cars would be yours plus whatever you'd have to pay in court costs and compensation for now owning a "used car" instead of a new one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
package said:
Since you have receipts... you can take them to court and ask for "specific performance" meaning they can't pay you off in cash, but have to deliver on their contract. The cars would be yours plus whatever you'd have to pay in court costs and compensation for now owning a "used car" instead of a new one.
As my attorney says "Sue the bstrds".

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
mceb said:
No wonder GM made all these rules for the early order program and look they still evade all the hurdles and and still up with the cars.

Not what GM had in mind :brentil:
according to my salesman, the only F1k they got went to a GM exec :brentil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.