Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to cancel my order. (As explained earlier, I bought a Boxster-still loving btw)

He said that the car ahead of me, had been produced and he'd called GM TODAY and they stated that a shortage of rail cars is preventing shipment.

No word on how long it would be.

Just thought I'd pass it along to you fine folks still waiting and not really getting any information.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My dealer told me that they are having a hard time getting ANY cars because of a shortage of shipping transport (railcars, trucks, etc).

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
GM sales are down 21% from last yr and there's a shortage of rail cars?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can rail cars that are used for automotive transport be used for other purposes? Like maybe transporting supplies to the Gulf and south Florida. That could possibly explain a transport shortage. Just a guess. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
:) "Three Out of Three" is not bad. My dealer in So. CA sent me an email stating the delivery issue was lack of Rail Cars. Since I'm a "Perpetual Optimist" I tend to believe it. I ordered my wife's Cool/Sand & Steel April 19 and have since moved 600 miles east. We will be making the pilgrimage back to pick it up so I'm checking every week for delivery info since Im taking time off from work to pick it up. # 1861 with all the bells and whistles except Onstar and smokers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sydney said:
Can rail cars that are used for automotive transport be used for other purposes? Like maybe transporting supplies to the Gulf and south Florida. That could possibly explain a transport shortage. Just a guess. :)
It is also the time of year when alot of NEr's ship cars by rail south for the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts