Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 convertible , engine light came on , did diagnostic showed needs new cam shaft position sensor, where is it located on engine

·
Super Moderator
16,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum

On top, toward the front under the plastic cover and the insulation material you will find two connectors. One for each cam. They are inexpensive. Replace them both at the same time.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Yeah. Two cylindrical devices about the size of an egg. They are color coded for left & right (intake & exhaust). Don't mix them up!

·
Registered
556 Posts
those up front arnt the sensors, the sensors are in the rear of the head, the 2 cylindreckle ones are cam position actuators solenoids witch can be the issue making the sensor read the the position and it's in the rong position so it throws a code. the actuators like the sensor are cheep, but they many not be bad and need cleaning and oil change with a good filter and the proper oil type and weight. mine threw the sensor code, but it was the oil, oil filter, and possiably the actuators. I cleaned them reinstalled them then did the oil change as the dealer I bought the car from put the rong oil in it and the filter they used was ****e. the filter was crushed.witch exzactly caused the error I dont have a clue as I did it all at the same tyme. there was crap in the actuators, the oil was rong, the filter was crushed...you may also have a situation like this. so just slapping on new sensors may not fix it.they may be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts