Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both camshaft positioning sensors recently cleared the code but the check engine light come back on for the same problem my car I just purchased with over a hundred k can anyone help

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
It is more common to have problems with the camshaft positioning solenoids than with the camshaft position sensors.

The specific code usually helps to determine which should be replaced.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is more common to have problems with the camshaft positioning solenoids than with the camshaft position sensors.

Thanks I’ll let you know the correct code stay tuned

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi John well this is what I got when I plugged in my scanner. $07E8 camshaft position sensor B circuit Range/Performance Bank 1. What do you think? I had replaced both sensors days ago but the check engine light continues to illuminate.

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
Hi John well this is what I got when I plugged in my scanner. $07E8 camshaft position sensor B circuit Range/Performance Bank 1. What do you think? I had replaced both sensors days ago but the check engine light continues to illuminate.
As far as i know $07E8 is not a valid code, although I have seen it used as a modifier for other codes. You should have something in the format P0100.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as i know $07E8 is not a valid code, although I have seen it used as a modifier for other codes. You should have something in the format P0100.
Hmm ok. So let me plug the scanner back in. If that were the case then what next Po100?

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
Hmm ok. So let me plug the scanner back in. If that were the case then what next Po100?
It shouldn't actually be P0100, that was just an example of format: a P followed by four numbers.

If the probkem is still camshaft related i would expect the problem to be the solenoids. Fortunately they are very easy to replace and not terribly expensive at $30-40 each for the two.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It shouldn't actually be P0100, that was just an example of format: a P followed by four numbers.

If the probkem is still camshaft related i would expect the problem to be the solenoids. Fortunately they are very easy to replace and not terribly expensive at $30-40 each for the two.
Thank you John I’ll go ahead and order them. Where are they located on the engine?

·
Registered
588 Posts
the code tells you the sensor detected a issue....not the sensor is bad. put in a set of silynoids then clear the code. and put the oe sensors bac in unless you put in delco sensors. the china ones dont seem to work right.... besure to blow out all the dust/dirt before removing the ols dliy noids. ebay has the pair for about $25 with life time waranty.....they work fine in mine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
there are other issues that they can throw codes from, like loose chain,ac belt flopping, ac compressior issues....even trans issues. but most of the time it's the silynoids. my car is up over 10 mpg from when I got it with changing the sily noids and a few other small things. ( little better intake breathing) . we are both a lot happier the way it runs now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$07E8 troble code TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) Voltage out of Range. Quick fixes may include cleaning the TPS, and/or cleaning the connector to the TPS.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I replaced both camshaft positioning sensors recently cleared the code but the check engine light come back on for the same problem my car I just purchased with over a hundred k can anyone help
I replacesed today the exhaust solenoid. So now both have been changed along with the camshaft sensors. I cleared the codes. So we will see if the engine light re appears.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hi guys, yesterday when driving my 2007 Solstice with automatic trans I experienced very harsh downshifts as I was slowing to stop & after a couple of these events the check engine light came on. Just plugged in my scanner and find the following:
Current Fault-P0013-Powertrain, "B" camshaft position actuator circuit, Bank 1

Pending Fault-P0700-transmission control system

Pending Fault-P2637- Powertrain- torque management feedback signal A

Would this code indicate the sensor or the solenoid is the culprit? Also can anyone tell me where these items are located on the engine.

The engine seems to be running fine, the harsh downshifts are the only problem being manifested.

Thanks for any advice
frankg

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
It could be either one, but the solenoids are by far the most likely culprit. The transmission codes are purely because of the camshaft position problem.

The solenoids are right on top of the engine and very visible once you remove the plastic cover.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts