Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone at GMI post that there is price for Solstice on gmfamilyfirst.com
but I am not an employed at GM so I do not have a password.
Can anyonegetintothe link andpost their prices

Damn don't you hate when the space bar doesn't work :brentil:

·
Registered
56 Posts
airbalancer said:
Someone at GMI post that there is price for Solstice on gmfamilyfirst.com
but I am not an employed at GM so I have notpassword.
Can anyonegetintothe link andpost their prices
Here you go:

2006 Pontiac Solstice

2006 MODEL YEAR VEHICLE PRICE SCHEDULE
EFFECTIVE WITH START OF 2006 MODEL YEAR PRODUCTION

Base Model Prices

(MSRP) (freight charge)
2MB67 Solstice 2 Door Roadster $19,420.00 $575.00

Option Packages

Option code Description MSRP
1SA Option Package 1SA $0.00
PCQ Premium Package $590.00
ZQ2 Power Package $625.00
ZQ3 Convenience Package $465.00

Additional Options

Option Code Description MSRP
C60 Air Conditioning $960.00
U2K XM Satellite Radio $325.00
UQ3 Monsoon Premium Audio System $395.00
US8 AM/FM Radio w/CD & MP3 Player $195.00
US9 AM/FM Radio w/6-Disc Cd Changer w/MP3 Player $495.00
JL9 Anti-Lock Brakes $400.00
G80 Limited Slip Rear Differential $195.00
B32 Carpeted Floor Mats $60.00
UE1 OnStar System $695.00
DT4 Smokers Package $40.00
QF8 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels $495.00

·
Registered
285 Posts
Any idea on what the chances are of actually getting GMS discount on a car? I know that it is a dealership choice to participate which is probably not good for us :(

However, if they are excluding us (GMS eligible) from the EOP because we may be potential 'insiders' so you would think that at least some dealers would extend the olive branch to GMS folks. Maybe those of us with long standing deposits?

Guess I'm just hoping that being excluded from EOP will at least save me a few grand on the car?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
MisterE said:
Any idea on what the chances are of actually getting GMS discount on a car? I know that it is a dealership choice to participate which is probably not good for us :(

However, if they are excluding us (GMS eligible) from the EOP because we may be potential 'insiders' so you would think that at least some dealers would extend the olive branch to GMS folks. Maybe those of us with long standing deposits?

Guess I'm just hoping that being excluded from EOP will at least save me a few grand on the car?
We should know for sure when final instructions come out in few days or next week. My guess is they'll say no GMS on EOP cars (already got wind of that), but should be OK on reg. allocations after that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
MisterE said:

If you're familiar w/ the GMS program, then you already know that some units are excluded from being eligble for a discount. They are mostly low production (Z06 convertible, early SSR) or bare bones (truck w/ bed-delete.) If the Solstice maintains at production of under 25k annually, with the number of customers wanting a domestic vs. import, esp. given the price, there is a good chance it might be limited to XXX units per quarter or prod. cycle. BUT...the annual sales for the Mazda ragtop was right around 9,000 last year, as quoted during the 23 MAR broadcast. IF Pon-Ton carries 50% of the Mazda segment, and steals 15% from other import competitors due to limited availability, there will still be something 2k-3k units left. (thinking the comparative set combined sales somewhere around 50-60k, throwing in the Stang..please correct if wrong...) There should still be enough units left to offer a GMS, and hopefully dealership discount.

In December '04, GM even offered dealership empl. FAMILIES our discount, never before seen, to boost sales. GM Knows they need to right the ship, and if the crew isn't onboard, well, go figure from there. This is a hot product, obviously, or we wouldn't be here. AND, for each one of us, there are prolly 5 more on the outside biding the their time. GM would love to boost sales to over 30k, then they could offer coupes, remov. hardtops, turbo(et al,) etc. to serve the masses, but it's got to take off. The '04 GTO would have moved ok, but it leaked about the LS2 going in sometime in Aug, and it killed 3/4 qtr sales. I think GM will be a lot more tight-lipped about those upgrades, but I do remeber reading somewhere, maybe a blog, about an H.O. motor for , '07?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Good timing

Thanks for the options list - my wife's bonus check for last year came in yesterday's mail and she figured out that it will cover all the options she wants. Life is good! :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
sound system?

My wife does not want XM because she likes to listen to books on CD or tapes. Is the Monsoon speaker system just a speaker upgrade or does it include a different radio. She really wants the six cd changer but I'm not sure she can get that with the Monsoon speakers? :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brian carpenter said:
My wife does not want XM because she likes to listen to books on CD or tapes. Is the Monsoon speaker system just a speaker upgrade or does it include a different radio. She really wants the six cd changer but I'm not sure she can get that with the Monsoon speakers? :willy:
It's just a speaker system but I think the 6-CD radio requires the speaker upgrade (bundled).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yup, 6-CD changer requires the Mansoon system upgrade.
Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD player/MP3 playback, in-dash, includes Radio Data System (RDS), seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume and TheftLock
1 - Requires (UQ3) Sound system feature, Monsoon premium speaker system.
The Mansoon upgrade gets you a powered AMP and a subwoofer on top of the 6-Speakers in the car already. The Mansoon is also required if you get XM and OnStar at the same time. I'm betting because the MP3/CD and MP3/6-CD Radios only have one internal AUX line, so you have to have the AMP for the more inputs.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Radio speaker upgrade

OK - so I order the 6-cd changer w/monsoon speaker upgrade because it is required. But does that mean I get charged both 395 for the speakers and 495 for the cd changer or does that 495 include the monsoon because it is required? :leaving:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
brian carpenter said:
OK - so I order the 6-cd changer w/monsoon speaker upgrade because it is required. But does that mean I get charged both 395 for the speakers and 495 for the cd changer or does that 495 include the monsoon because it is required? :leaving:
Unfortunately I'm going to say it's a combined price. Because that's how the other options work I believe as well since they say "Require" and not "Included." Like to get the Premium (Leather) you also have to get the Convienence Package, and I believe you end up paying for both. However I'm not 100% sure. I really wish the price was included because if so I'd get the 6-CD+Monsoon package.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Could save money

I would order the single cd w/monsoon but like I said she enjoys listening to books on cd while on the road, sometimes for several hours. She would have to change the cd and that scares me cause she has trouble answering her cell phone and driving at the same time! She makes me nervous doing anything that includes driving at the same time. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
How about an iPod, can those play books? Remember iPod plugs right into front of these radios so that might give you long playing ability without the 6CD mag.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
brian carpenter said:
I would order the single cd w/monsoon but like I said she enjoys listening to books on cd while on the road, sometimes for several hours. She would have to change the cd and that scares me cause she has trouble answering her cell phone and driving at the same time! She makes me nervous doing anything that includes driving at the same time. :brentil:
Rip all your books on CD to MP3, then make a MP3 CDs of them. You can store about 10 hours of music on a MP3 CD I believe depending on bit rate. Since it's a book on MP3 you can greatly drop the bitrate since it's just voice, and can probably get more then 10 hours on one CD. Then all you need is the MP3/CD Radio for $195 and you just saved $695 too. All it cost you was $10 worth of CD-R's.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
brentil said:
Rip all your books on CD to MP3, then make a MP3 CDs of them. You can store about 10 hours of music on a MP3 CD I believe depending on bit rate. Since it's a book on MP3 you can greatly drop the bitrate since it's just voice, and can probably get more then 10 hours on one CD. Then all you need is the MP3/CD Radio for $195 and you just saved $695 too. All it cost you was $10 worth of CD-R's.
Excellent idea Brentil... but I know my mother listens to books on tape during her commute, and she gets them from the library. When you can use CD-RW's, then your idea is great. However, someone like my mother wouldn't check out an audio book on CD, rip it to her computer, convert to MP3, and burn a disc just to listen to it in her car if she already has a CD player.

You, I, and many others I know would. If you have a portable MP3 player though.. that's something different because you can use that in the car, train, plane, anywhere with headphones.

I might not get the 6 CD changer now simply because I can plug in my MP3 player to the stereo.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
The 6-CD changer is useless to someone like me who has an MP3 player... the AUX input makes it that much easier.

I'm actually kind of sad, because there won't be a CD-changer plug on the back of the head unit. There are systems that you can get an iPod dock that you can wire from the CD changer plug to your glove compartment. Then you stick your ipod in the glove compartment, and all your iPod info shows up on the head unit display, and you can use your steering wheel controls to control your iPod remotely through your head unit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts