Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a lot of posts speculating that GM will ramp production past 20K units per year. I was under the impression that the hydroforming process would limit production to around 20K. Does anyone know how hard that limit is?

Okie Sol

·
Registered
600 Posts
Don't really know the limit. Does the 20,000 include the Sky?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
Don't really know the limit. Does the 20,000 include the Sky?
Don't think so, the 20k figure was quoted before Sky was out. I thought I heard somewhere around 15k for Sky, don't forget the Opel they are building for Europe too...maybe that pulls down 15k.

·
Registered
338 Posts
okie_sol said:
There have been a lot of posts speculating that GM will ramp production past 20K units per year. I was under the impression that the hydroforming process would limit production to around 20K. Does anyone know how hard that limit is?

Okie Sol
The manufacturing process itself will not limit the production. Pontiac is limiting production to keep the value and desire-ability of the car high. In somewhat of a Catch-22, the car is priced to be accesible for people who have always wanted a classy roadster, but couldn't afford a European model, at the same time keeping volume low to maintain exclusivity for the owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts