Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just left dealership in Omaha, still no #93!! BUT, #535 was sitting on their showroom floor!!! I got the run around about how it was a promo car, and that it had no purpose but to sit in other showrooms for 2 weeks at a time!! it did have Michigan dealer plate on it, and I din't look at it too close to see if there was a first 1000 tag on the dash, but the last six digits were 000535!!! Has anyone else heard about this??

I was also told that there was a big flood in Kanas, washing out 4 train tracks!! It would take 2-3 weeks to fix that, How will that affect a few order that are suppose to come out of Kansas!!

This is getting really old!! I also ask if Dealership would sign Jim's car, #116 straight over to me, instead of going through all the hassle of Licencing his car, at $2500, them signing it over to me to auction off for a 5013c youth baseball organization. They said they would check, but it might screw up there allocation of cars!!

ANSWERS ANYONE???????

Y.T.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pontiac solstice team is bringing around the preproduction solstices to dealerships, just for show, so that may be one of them. Did you check the mileage by any chance? That would be proof. I drove one in Detroit back in August and it had quite a few miles on it.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Are you sure the last six digits of the VIN were 000535 and not 100535? The First 1K all had VINs with in the series 00XXXX, while pre-production and regular production had VINs in the series 10XXXX. I suspect that the car on display is a pre-preproduction car, as we have seen a lot of these touring the dealerships as showroom demos.

·
5,641 Posts
6Y000535 is a First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice in Cool Silver delivered by a dealership in Florida in September.

6Y100535 is a Sly Gray Solstice that belongs to Pontiac. As others have posted, Pontiac is making some of their early production cars available to dealerships for show.

·
2,574 Posts
Y.T. said:
I think that may be the V.I.N.

Y.T.
Dealers here had pre prod cars also. Mileage is best indicator but if you can't get close the pre prod little G.M. "chicklet" badge will be on the door if it's pre production also. ;) If it's 1st 1k it's on the panel behind the front wheel below the "arrowhead" and "scoop". :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Production Numbers

Small Dealer said:
6Y000535 is a First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice in Cool Silver delivered by a dealership in Florida in September.

6Y100535 is a Sly Gray Solstice that belongs to Pontiac. As others have posted, Pontiac is making some of their early production cars available to dealerships for show.
Anyone heard current production numbers for the last few weeks? Someone was posting them a while back, but I haven't seen any lately.

Thanks!

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.