Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the 2-door nature of this coupe, will there be any way to adjust the seats as far as seat back angle, etc? How much play will there be in adjusting the seats for short versus tall people? It seems from the pictures that seat adjustments would be very limited.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
In the images you can see a bar to be able to move the seats forward and backward. There is also the rounded wheel on the edge of the seat which I believe is for lumbat support. And recently I noticed a lever on the stearring colomn which we've pretty much agreed is for raising and lowering the steering wheel. Having adjustable steering wheel kind of makes up for no adjustable seat hight.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Brentil, I thought there were also some pictures where the back rest of the seat was at a diferent angle/position, we speculated that there maybe some adjustment mechanism to the back of the seat.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Brentil, I thought there were also some pictures where the back rest of the seat was at a diferent angle/position, we speculated that there maybe some adjustment mechanism to the back of the seat.
Oh yeah, that's true. I don't remember where that image is, but I remember seeing it now. Who knows though, I think it might have been on a Sky too and not a Solstice.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Well, I drove a Corsa in Germany. I thought this car is supposed to share seat or seat structure or something with the Corsa.

The "dial" did not adjust lumbar, it was the control to adjust the seatback angle.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
Oh yeah, that's true. I don't remember where that image is, but I remember seeing it now. Who knows though, I think it might have been on a Sky too and not a Solstice.
It was one of the black Sols, linked from another site. The one seat was higher.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
mceb said:
It was one of the black Sols, linked from another site. The one seat was higher.
Yeah, the passenger seat was more upright, I'm going to hazard to guess, that it was like that because someone had just accesed the little compartment behind that seat. (See if I can hyjack this thread. :devil hehehe) I wonder what's in that little compartment anyhow?? Anybody want to guess?

See what you've done GM!! We're getting kind of stressed out here! Give us some answers! :mad

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I wouldn't automatically conclude from that pic that the seats are height adjustable. Just the angle of the seatback will change how high it comes up. If its reclined more, it will look lower.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason I asked is because the seat back seems to be restricted due to the bulkhead behind the seats. I see from the one picture that the passenger seat is leaning forward. I would assume the seats in most pictures are all the way back as far as they can go.

I wonder what leg room this translates into. I'm 6' tall and have had trouble in a few smaller cars over the years.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
If you do a search on the above subject you will find there are a number of threads about the seat position and drivers hight. I do not believe based on the information given in those threads that you will have aproblem, also the seats are adjustable.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Soul Stiz said:
The reason I asked is because the seat back seems to be restricted due to the bulkhead behind the seats. I see from the one picture that the passenger seat is leaning forward. I would assume the seats in most pictures are all the way back as far as they can go.

I wonder what leg room this translates into. I'm 6' tall and have had trouble in a few smaller cars over the years.
I think the seats are all the way back in the show car to make a nice flush appearance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts