Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered mine in mid June, so although my salesman was telling me Sept, I knew better from being on here. Not a problem!

Just got a call from my salesman, thought, wow!! NOT!
He wanted me to know that as of Sept 1, the dealership was no more, was bought out, and deal finalized last night. In his words-he has no idea what will happen to my order, as GM hasn't picked it up yet-or he hasn't checked, but his thought was that I may need to start from the beginning again!!

Called my salesman at the dealership that's buying them out, and as he put it, they (the sales team) is not supposed to know anything about the merge of the dealerships, he has no idea how allocation will work for them, etc etc etc.
I have a sales contract, it has my GMS number attached, so how can an order just vaporize?

I felt bad for my Pontiac salesman, he ordered my TA in 96, and usually is on top of things, but he's out of a job come Sept 1...

:brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
2,574 Posts
That's just incredible. I can't believe anyone taking over wouldn't want to honor current committments to get started on the right foot from a positive pr/customer relations perspective. Would also think that you would have support from Pontiac. I'd try to make a connection there asap. Best of luck Aspen, All here are rooting for you. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks-my Chevy salesman at the soon to be huge dealership is the best-called him, he wants the order #, and will check out where it is in the system-so I just called back the Pontiac Salesrep, and he's going to have the manager look it up, and promised to call me back. Feels like time is of the essense here, and I won't hesitate to get Pontiac involved. It's not as if I ordered it yesterday, geez two months of queue time, hate to lose that!

·
2,574 Posts
Aspenrose said:
Thanks-my Chevy salesman at the soon to be huge dealership is the best-called him, he wants the order #, and will check out where it is in the system-so I just called back the Pontiac Salesrep, and he's going to have the manager look it up, and promised to call me back. Feels like time is of the essense here, and I won't hesitate to get Pontiac involved. It's not as if I ordered it yesterday, geez two months of queue time, hate to lose that!
Your time waiting has to count for something. Smart to get right on it and stay with it till someone does something to your satisfaction. You tell em we'll all come down there with you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My biggest fear...

This has one of my biggest fears all along, knowing that this process was going to take MONTHS...maybe a good part of a year. You start making personal relationships at your dealer but over time anything can happen. If not a dealership change of hands, just employee turnover. What? Employee turnover at a car lot? Can't happen! I hope your situation gets righted. You deserve your Sol. I hate this process and I hate that I'm so addicted to car I haven't even seen yet. I don't know how I'll be screwed yet... but it's only a matter of time before I find out. This process is frustrating if not heartbreaking. Hanging...

B

·
0 Posts
You might want to get in touch with GM Headquarters and let them know what is going on. What they are doing to you is wrong!

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it appears that although I have a 'sales contract', I have no official order-word from the Sales manager/owner of disappearing dealership. So, my guy at the new dealership is talking to his sales manager, to see what he can find out. As old salesman said, if I had an order number, then the order would be honored, with just a sales contract, no guarantees.
Chevy salesman told me it may go the way of the new Vette-they had 8 orders, but only got 3 cars, period.
Once I speak to the Chevy guy, then I'll know where to proceed to-either Pontiac, or start calling every Pontiac dealer in WI to find one with enough allocation to order my car.

:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SCISOLSTICE said:
Give G.M.customer service a call they have been doing a lot better job ,then in the past. The # is 1-866-932-4368. The pont. division is 1-248-857 5000.
Thanks-going to do just that, have to go home and get my sales contract, in case they want me to fax it somewhere.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't understand why the dealership can't simply put you in VOMs and give you your number. Then the other dealer should be able to honor that.

I'll tell ya - this kinda crap happens way too frequently. Pontiac/GM really needs to address this. Just my opinion though :brentil:

Good luck Aspen!

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SD SOL said:
I don't understand why the dealership can't simply put you in VOMs and give you your number. Then the other dealer should be able to honor that.

I'll tell ya - this kinda crap happens way too frequently. Pontiac/GM really needs to address this. Just my opinion though :brentil:

Good luck Aspen!
My Chevy sales guy thinks that perhaps my dealer had no first or second round allocation-but if that were the case, I'm glad their going away, as they should have shared that info with me!! <Too many old-farts driving the biggest Buicks they can get in the area I reckon!>
I've got a list of 24 other Pontiac dealers within 50 miles, and I'm starting at the top. After I get the Sales Manager on the phone, the only questions I want answered is how many allocation slots do they have no pre-orders for, and will they honor my GMS number to order my car. Negative for either, I move down the list.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Aspenrose, what part of WI are you from?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Aspenrose said:
My Chevy sales guy thinks that perhaps my dealer had no first or second round allocation-but if that were the case, I'm glad their going away, as they should have shared that info with me!! <Too many old-farts driving the biggest Buicks they can get in the area I reckon!>
I've got a list of 24 other Pontiac dealers within 50 miles, and I'm starting at the top. After I get the Sales Manager on the phone, the only questions I want answered is how many allocation slots do they have no pre-orders for, and will they honor my GMS number to order my car. Negative for either, I move down the list.
You may end up in a better position anyway with that many to choose from. Who knows, maybe a last minute cancellation of #1 or 2 from 1st allocation. Let's hope, anyway.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrfantastic said:
Aspenrose, what part of WI are you from?
I'm up/over near Appleton/Neenah.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got off the phone w/Chevy/future Pontiac sales guy-he says my 'order' is waiting for Pontiac to ask for it-and it's 'good' although in limbo until then, sort of. I suppose if a miracle occurs, Pontiac could finish up the first 1000, and want to build an Aggressive loaded/leather, and yada yada yada...in the meantime, I asked him to check with the other 'family' dealerships here in the valley that currently have Pontiacs, and see if they have any allocation available, so I can jockey positions, perhaps.

We'll see. At least there may be a glimmer of hope :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
936 Posts
The place i was originally going to try for the EOP car has since sold and they had three orders for solstices and they transfered them to the new dealer.The new dealer returned their deposits and told them to return the deposits to their customers because they did not want any pre sold orders. There are three realy pissed people because they placed their orders on 4/15 after not getting an EOP and got their orders canceled in July. I originally had my deposit there but moved it, man am I glad.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ateam_77 said:
The place i was originally going to try for the EOP car has since sold and they had three orders for solstices and they transfered them to the new dealer.The new dealer returned their deposits and told them to return the deposits to their customers because they did not want any pre sold orders. There are three realy pissed people because they placed their orders on 4/15 after not getting an EOP and got their orders canceled in July. I originally had my deposit there but moved it, man am I glad.
They should contact Pontiac. I think there would be a tremendous amount of pressure on a new dealer not to to something like this.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm sure all these Pontiac dealers are being bought out just for the Solstice!

Of course they are tearing up pre-orders, with the limited supply they will be getting they are going to make BANK off the demand, the pre-orders would get in the way of their profit. They will mark it up over MSRP, it sucks, but thats the early adopter fee I call it.

Ya know in places like Japan and Europe where the manufacturers sell direct to the public and there are no middlemen, the cars are cheaper, and its a much fairer for the consumer. Too bad the car dealers lobbied to make it illegal to sell direct to the public.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In the end, this mess will sort itself out, and I may come out even better. The dealership doing the buying is much larger, and up till now haven't sold Pontiacs, so no dropped orders due to having to mingle two sets of orders. I've actually gotten more info in the last 24 hours from new dealership-my salesman has called at least 4 times, to let me know that my order is good-and although there is no VOM yet, it will come. Once the dust settles, and he can talk 'Pontiac' on Sept 1st, he & I will meet to go over the order-found two missing items-the Monsoon sound, required for the 6 disc player, and no front plate bracket. (Will not have it installed, but figured in case I do end up back in California, at least I'll have it, and saved a couple of bucks over MSRP on it) Want absolutely nothing to cause Pontiac to kick out my order!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts