Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the US EOP program affects Canadian deliveries? I am hoping that Canada is slated for X units, such that we get them regardless of demand in the US, and they are distributed amongst the dealers up here. Alternatively it could be a case of our orders falling in line with others, with a first-in, first-out type of result. Anyone know if there is a specific allotment for Canada?

I placed my order on April 9, and am hoping I see a vehicle before the summer is toast (maybe late Aug?) Pipe dream is that it arrives in July....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Luc - thanks for pointing me to that one. What's your gut on this? Do you think they can hit mid-july? Or are we fooling ourselves?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have not idea if they can really make these dates, but I'm sure hoping they do.

Whenever I've spoken to GM (either directly, or through my dealer), I get the same answer and which is that Canadian numbers are not tied to american ones. This means that much of the allocation discussions within this forum do not directly impact Canada. Where it does impact us is when discussing delays in manufacturing the car.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Well, I'll be ordering late "contract's" up in September, and with two university students to help, keeping the cash close to vest for now. Who knows maybe I'll hold off til the next model year with improvements and of course more costs :brentil: :brentil: Oh well thats the crumbs :cool:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian Allotment

Danno said:
Anyone know how the US EOP program affects Canadian deliveries? I am hoping that Canada is slated for X units, such that we get them regardless of demand in the US, and they are distributed amongst the dealers up here. Alternatively it could be a case of our orders falling in line with others, with a first-in, first-out type of result. Anyone know if there is a specific allotment for Canada?

I placed my order on April 9, and am hoping I see a vehicle before the summer is toast (maybe late Aug?) Pipe dream is that it arrives in July....
Was a post a couple of weeks ago that was withdrawn by an "insider"
said Canadian allotment was 2,000 cars, around 1,000 orders had been placed by dealers and about 175 of these were for actual retail customers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks GreatWhiteNorth. Hopefully mine is one of the 175. Have you ordered one? If so, what is your edaler telling you re: delivery? Mine says anywhere from July to Sept...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts