Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week our Solstice order went from "preferenced" to "released to production" with a target build week of 07/18/05

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I guess this means Canadian cars will be built alongside the EOP cars since it's so far been mostly EOP cars that got 7/18/2005 as build weeks.

That's if the 7/18/2005 build week info we keep seeing is true.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is colour turning out to be a factor... this one is Stone Gray Metallic (42U)(we don't get fancy theme names)?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
When did you place your order?

·
Registered
305 Posts
SOLSTZ06 said:
Is colour turning out to be a factor... this one is Stone Gray Metallic (42U)(we don't get fancy theme names)?
Sounds in line with earlier posts that listed the Sly cars would be built first.

Would be great for me since I am one of the first 1000 and have ordered
Stone Grey Metallic (Sly).

I am keeping my hopes up!!!!!! :)

Enjoy.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Man this is killing me, I have a sly car and still no date and am one of the first 1000 i checked with my dealer and no change. What's worse is she is taking next week off and so if things realy begin to happen I wont know because she is the only one that can check things for me. Next week could be a very long week :banghead:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bought_It said:
Sounds in line with earlier posts that listed the Sly cars would be built first.

Would be great for me since I am one of the first 1000 and have ordered
Stone Grey Metallic (Sly).

I am keeping my hopes up!!!!!! :)

Enjoy.
I just got my build date locked to the week of July 18th. My Sol is Deep Blue. So I don't know if your assumption is accurate.

They can do more then one colour at a time anyway.

Oh yeah, i'm in Canada and I ordered on March 28th

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fabrication Dates

I don't know were these dates or coming from but I just spoke to GMHQ
and they say dates have not been established for any of the cars and they
don't plan on giving the individual fabrication dates out to anyone, including dealers. They did say they will let us know when fabrication has begun.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
rover said:
I don't know were these dates or coming from but I just spoke to GMHQ
and they say dates have not been established for any of the cars and they
don't plan on giving the individual fabrication dates out to anyone, including dealers. They did say they will let us know when fabrication has begun.
The dates are comming from the plant. GMHQ may not be aware of any changes. As far as I know people just started finding out recently.

Also depends on what HQ your talking about? The US HQ or the Canadian HQ.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SlipSlider said:
The dates are comming from the plant. GMHQ may not be aware of any changes. QUOTE]

sorry to ask a dumb question, but how did you get a date from the plant?

Can I get mine from there???? :willy:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
sight unseen said:
SlipSlider said:
The dates are comming from the plant. GMHQ may not be aware of any changes. QUOTE]

sorry to ask a dumb question, but how did you get a date from the plant?

Can I get mine from there???? :willy:
Well I might have just been talking out of my a$$... but I would believe that the plant sets the date for the order to be built. You would need to talk to your dealer to find out what date they have set.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I spoke to the US HQ. I also just got off the phone with my dealer and they
told me the same thing that HQ told me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our information is coming from the same system that GM uses for every other car/truck produced or shipped in or to Canada and this is not "old" information..this happened Tuesday of this week, two weeks after they became preferenced...it's not incredible, it's just routine

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
A number of other folks received production dates in the same time frame a week or two ago. But GM said to ignore them and that they were not necessarily accurate. So this may be a similar incident that hasn't been cleared up in the system yet.

It would be nice it if the dates were correct, but they just don't add up with some of the other facts. GM has confirmed multiple times that the "First 1000" cars will be built before any of the regular allocation cars. In a best-case scenario for a new production car, that is going to take about a month to complete. Given the fact that production has not yet begun and is probably at least another week or two away, there is no way they will have made it into regular allocation cars by July 18.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SlipSlider said:
sight unseen said:
Well I might have just been talking out of my a$$... but I would believe that the plant sets the date for the order to be built. You would need to talk to your dealer to find out what date they have set.
My dealer can't even get me a code...He says the order is in the system, but there is no code attached...so no code, no date :willy:

Is he talking out of his ass, you think? :devil:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
sight unseen said:
My dealer can't even get me a code...He says the order is in the system, but there is no code attached...so no code, no date :willy:

Is he talking out of his ass, you think? :devil:
I don't believe the orders get "coded" until they get "pulled". So that sounds about right. I would make sure that he can give you a VOM #, because that should happen as soon as the order is entered. But as far as the 3000/3300/etc codes, your order may not have changed yet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SlySol said:
I don't believe the orders get "coded" until they get "pulled". So that sounds about right. I would make sure that he can give you a VOM #, because that should happen as soon as the order is entered. But as far as the 3000/3300/etc codes, your order may not have changed yet.
I got a VOM right away, he faxed over the order with specs/VOM over a month ago...

So I guess I haven't been "pulled" yet...i.e. I am looking at a late sept/oct delivery a best? :(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
sight unseen said:
So I guess I haven't been "pulled" yet...i.e. I am looking at a late sept/oct delivery a best? :(
That would be my guess. Considering the fact that they probably won't be starting the first 1000 until mid to late July, it will most likely be almost September when they start regular allocation vehicles. From other posts, it appears some regular allocation vehicles have already been pulled in addition to the first 1000. I don't think we have any idea how many at this point, but that means you're probably not in the group immediately following. Keep in mind that GM is only pulling one order at a time from dealers, so if you have the #1 spot at your dealer, you might have a shot of having your order pulled soon. Otherwise, I'd say it's not likely your order will arrive in the time frame you mentioned.

Don't forget that this is all speculation at this point, based on all the evidence we've seen so far. Until production actually begins, all we can do is give an educated guess.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts