Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang
Ive seen alot of US people getting half decent information about their orders. Are there any of us up here in Canada with information as to where our orders are sitting. I am in Vancouver and I have salesmen with comments ranging from "I can make an order because it is not in our systems yet" to " It's coming next week and give me $1000 and I will call you when it's here" I currently have a really good sales person but the story up here in the north is, it will get here when it gets here. I noticed that the windows sticker posting was Canadian. Where was this taken?

I can't be the only moose hunter up here buying a Solstice. Lets have a show of hands of Canadians ordering these cars. :) :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
ubergoober said:
Hi Gang
Ive seen alot of US people getting half decent information about their orders. Are there any of us up here in Canada with information as to where our orders are sitting. I am in Vancouver and I have salesmen with comments ranging from "I can make an order because it is not in our systems yet" to " It's coming next week and give me $1000 and I will call you when it's here" I currently have a really good sales person but the story up here in the north is, it will get here when it gets here. I noticed that the windows sticker posting was Canadian. Where was this taken?

I can't be the only moose hunter up here buying a Solstice. Lets have a show of hands of Canadians ordering these cars. :) :grouphug:
I'd love to get a record of build weeks here ( http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3688 )

As for your other questions. My dealer also told me "It will get here when it gets here" but that's not just because we live in Canada. That's generally the way it goes in the US too. The pictures of the window stickers were taken in Oshawa Ontario across the road from the Car Plant. As far as we can tell they are not going to dealers as sold units. They are going to different locations for media/promotion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
You are not alone

There are several Canucks lurking on this forum. There are also several who have orders in since March. I know of one order "picked up" from these early orders.

I ordered April 30, my dealer had an allocation of nine cars and I am the fifth one sold. My concern is I cannot get any further information. The Sales Manager told me I didn't have a VOM number for the car. But our US friends tell us that in their system as soon as an order is accepted in the dealer's order bank, this number is assigned.

I have written several emails to GM Canada (you can only do this from the website) and gotten a phone message in return. After a month of sporadically trying the 1-800 number and getting the reps voice mail each time. I send a third email, requesting that they respond in kind. Which they did. As follows:

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your inquiry, the Pontiac Solstice is slated for
availability in the late summer/early fall of 2005. Initial production on this model
starts on July 11, 2005; however, the first 1000 units will be delivered to the
United States in association with an early order program. The first delivery to Canadian dealers should occur the week of September 12, 2005. Please keep in mind that this is a brand new model, and that production delays may occur for various reasons, in the interest of providing our customers with only the best possible quality product.

With reference to your specific order, we recommend that you keep in
periodic contact with your dealership sales representative, as he/she is able to track your order through our internal resources.

In response to your comments regarding the differences between General
Motors Corporation (GMC) in the United States and General Motors of Canada Limited

(GMCL), we must clarify that, as well as the basic economic differences
between the two countries, these two divisions operate independently of each other.

Not all programs are concurrent between the two divisions.

We appreciate your patience, as well as your excitement. We assure you
that General Motors is also excited to get this new model out on the road.
Thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited, and for the
opportunity to provide you with some information. Please visit our website again!

So there you have it. The last three months of frustration. Dealer has a $1000, I have piece of paper showing what has been ordered. I have exactly zero additional information concerning my order after three months. :brentil:

But I am not giving up on getting this car. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rumors

I have heard that the allocations in Canada are very limited and that the US market will ultimately have the first dibs regardless of quantities. One dealer even went so far as to say we are out of luck till next year for sure due to limited numbers. Do ou think this is true? If so this is contradictory to the other dealers I spoke to he said that he would have one next week. I am #5 in a dealer , but I am not sure if that really means anything now. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting

Thanks FORTYNINENORTH?

It looks like we are in for a long wait. Oh well, I am still in love with this car and will wait. I wonder if this year Xmas is still a possibility. A heck of a present under the tree. Us Canadians love sports car snow plowing. :lol:

One this is certain. PST GST QST and the wait on the Solstice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
ubergoober said:
I have heard that the allocations in Canada are very limited and that the US market will ultimately have the first dibs regardless of quantities. One dealer even went so far as to say we are out of luck till next year for sure due to limited numbers. Do ou think this is true? If so this is contradictory to the other dealers I spoke to he said that he would have one next week. I am #5 in a dealer , but I am not sure if that really means anything now. :willy:
That's not so. I know, one guy other then me that has a build week set for Augest 22nd. The First 1000 fiasco sorta screwed everyone up here becase they have to build 1000 US cars before they even start building any for Canada. There is a lock on cars shipped to Canada for this year. I head a few different numbers ranging from 500-1200. I think if you were to find a dealer with a first allocation car that you would see it before January.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pricing

SlipSlider said:
That's not so. I know, one guy other then me that has a build week set for Augest 22nd. The First 1000 fiasco sorta screwed everyone up here becase they have to build 1000 US cars before they even start building any for Canada. There is a lock on cars shipped to Canada for this year. I head a few different numbers ranging from 500-1200. I think if you were to find a dealer with a first allocation car that you would see it before January.

---------

Have you heard of any of the Canadians being stung by the markup? I am wondering with the limited quantities whether the showroom orders will appear before our orders. I was also considering conceeding with the showroom price if it came before my order. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
ubergoober said:
---------

Have you heard of any of the Canadians being stung by the markup? I am wondering with the limited quantities whether the showroom orders will appear before our orders. I was also considering conceeding with the showroom price if it came before my order. :(
I'm not sure of any markup, but it most likely exists. I have heard of a case where a dealer is expecting a showroom car to come in before a sold unit.
If I were you I would call around to all the dealers in BC and find a first allocation car. From what I hear it's nice weather over there pretty much all year round. So when you get your car shouldn't be an issue for you. Like I said, if you get a First allocation, you may see it before next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
i am number 8 at my dealer. (what ever that means) i have heard from my dealer that the first of our cars is scheduled to be built on the 8 of aug. and that there will be aprox. 1100 cars built for canada this calendar year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
jester316 said:
i am number 8 at my dealer. (what ever that means) i have heard from my dealer that the first of our cars is scheduled to be built on the 8 of aug. and that there will be aprox. 1100 cars built for canada this calendar year.
That would be a good number, now if we can just get them to slip those in after the First 1000, we'd be in good shape. A long time ago I predicted November, now I am thinking that was being overly optimistic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
jester316 said:
i am number 8 at my dealer. (what ever that means) i have heard from my dealer that the first of our cars is scheduled to be built on the 8 of aug. and that there will be aprox. 1100 cars built for canada this calendar year.
the 8th is probably not going to happen man. When is the last time you checked with him? Check again and post what he says it is.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top