Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cant believe how many people on this forum have canceled their orders. I know its been a long wait for this car but what do you expect its the most desirable car GM has built in along time. Some have had their orders in at least eight months and throrn in the towel. Peoples number one complaint is GM is not releasing infomation on their status of their cars. I know of other cars ordered GM has never broadcast every thing that goes on inside the plant. If your car has been sitting at the plant a long time their must be a good reason. GM wants to make this a quality car, in the past when GM had 45 percent of the market they didnt care, they shipped what they built. GM would love to get your car shipped in a timely manner they get paid that what its all about. So for me I am going to hang around as long as it takes . :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
dave clancy said:
I just cant believe how many people on this forum have canceled their orders. I know its been a long wait for this car but what do you expect its the most desirable car GM has built in along time. Some have had their orders in at least eight months and throrn in the towel. Peoples number one complaint is GM is not releasing infomation on their status of their cars. I know of other cars ordered GM has never broadcast every thing that goes on inside the plant. If your car has been sitting at the plant a long time their must be a good reason. GM wants to make this a quality car, in the past when GM had 45 percent of the market they didnt care, they shipped what they built. GM would love to get your car shipped in a timely manner they get paid that what its all about. So for me I am going to hang around as long as it takes . :yesnod:
As far as this car being so desirable, let me throw something out there. I’m not sure what this means but for people other than us “nitch” people I’m not sure how popular this car really is. I went to the International car show in Boston last night expecting to have to elbow my way in just to sit in the new Solstice. They had one on display that you can’t even get to. There were two other people they’re looking at it, both teenagers who probably couldn’t afford it or get financed if they wanted it.
I’m beginning to think that the supposed overwhelming interest in the Solstice is being created by most of us and the fact that Pontiac is creating (for whatever the reason) a shortage in the market. As a case in point, I’m due to receive mine any day now and I still went to the show just to see if I could sit in one with leather. Don’t get me wrong, I love this car and I don’t care if they ever sell another one (except for all on the forum of course) but I think the Solstice is appealing to a very small group of people. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:

:agree:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Went to the Auto Show in Motion Sat in Orlando. I got there early and went strainght to the car and only had to wait about five minutes. Left and played with the display model for about a hour and by that time it I was going to drive again but the line was over a hour and I heard after that it was even longer. It was one of -if not the most popular car there.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
LUVnSOL said:
Went to the Auto Show in Motion Sat in Orlando. I got there early and went strainght to the car and only had to wait about five minutes. Left and played with the display model for about a hour and by that time it I was going to drive again but the line was over a hour and I heard after that it was even longer. It was one of -if not the most popular car there.
That's good to hear. I must have hit the Boston show at an odd time. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have had my car for about 6 weeks and not a day goes by that I am not stopped and debriefed about this uninteresting car. The popularity of this car is growing and most people still don't know about this car or have never seen one. I predict this will go on for another year at least!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flaj said:
As far as this car being so desirable, let me throw something out there. I’m not sure what this means but for people other than us “nitch” people I’m not sure how popular this car really is. I went to the International car show in Boston last night expecting to have to elbow my way in just to sit in the new Solstice. They had one on display that you can’t even get to. There were two other people they’re looking at it, both teenagers who probably couldn’t afford it or get financed if they wanted it.
I’m beginning to think that the supposed overwhelming interest in the Solstice is being created by most of us and the fact that Pontiac is creating (for whatever the reason) a shortage in the market. As a case in point, I’m due to receive mine any day now and I still went to the show just to see if I could sit in one with leather. Don’t get me wrong, I love this car and I don’t care if they ever sell another one (except for all on the forum of course) but I think the Solstice is appealing to a very small group of people. :)
CAR SOLD OUT ALREADY :yesnod: VERY DESIRABLE

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you are right on . . .

flaj said:
I went to the International Car Show in Dallas last Spring, and there were not a lot of people flogging to get near this car. There was a Sky their, too, and the same small crowd was looking it, too. The Sol on display was an exact replica of the car I ordered, and then cancelled after the long wait and finding out more about the car. It is just as sexy looking now as it was then, but there is a very narrow market for this car, and many have just been worn out and find there are other better-made cars out there that they can afford, or have decided they didn't really have to have the car after all.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AZJuez said:
I went to the International Car Show in Dallas last Spring, and there were not a lot of people flogging to get near this car. There was a Sky their, too, and the same small crowd was looking it, too. The Sol on display was an exact replica of the car I ordered, and then cancelled after the long wait and finding out more about the car. It is just as sexy looking now as it was then, but there is a very narrow market for this car, and many have just been worn out and find there are other better-made cars out there that they can afford, or have decided they didn't really have to have the car after all.
I HAVE THREE NEWSPAPER ARTICLES PROCLAIMING THE SOLSTICE IS THE SEXIEST NEW CAR FOR 2006

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tip of the iceburg

This my opinion only. Come springtime when there is a resaonable amount of Sol's on the road the demand is going to go thru the roof. If you think there a line to get one now wait until the general population sees them.

You mean I can get one of them at my Pontiac Dealer ???????

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
z3404 said:
This my opinion only. Come springtime when there is a resaonable amount of Sol's on the road the demand is going to go thru the roof. If you think there a line to get one now wait until the general population sees them.

You mean I can get one of them at my Pontiac Dealer ???????

·
Registered
111 Posts
dave clancy said:
.....number one complaint is GM is not releasing infomation on their status of their cars.
You would think it wouldn't be too awful tough for GM to keep buyers informed of the status of their order. I imagine an automated email/phone call, etc., could be computer generated and sent out every time the status changed. I'm sure the technology exists.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
You would think it wouldn't be too awful tough for GM to keep buyers informed of the status of their order. I imagine an automated email/phone call, etc., could be computer generated and sent out every time the status changed. I'm sure the technology exists.
I think that would be nice but, I worked on the assembly line their is changes going on every day in the plant sometimes you get a bad part your car that was to be shipped suddely stays in the final assembly check. To many changes evolvle daily to comunicate with the custumer

·
Registered
456 Posts
Envy Me

I know i have the sexiest vehicle on the road when you have owners of Lambos & Ferrari's starring you down to make your vehicle one of their collectible while cruzzin on Melrose Blvd.

Vin#1928 Mysterious :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:

This would pacify people better on there status. For me, I do not expect to get mine til after March or so next year. But that's ok.

·
Registered
705 Posts
dave clancy said:
I think that would be nice but, I worked on the assembly line their is changes going on every day in the plant sometimes you get a bad part your car that was to be shipped suddely stays in the final assembly check. To many changes evolvle daily to comunicate with the custumer
I can track a $3.99 wheel of cheese from Wisconsin to Delaware and you're telling me one of the biggest companies on the planet can't keep me informed on the whereabouts of my car? My car has been built for well over a month and they won't even acknowledge it's existence. They can, they choose not to.

Poor customer service has ruined many a good product/company. I too am going to wait as long as it takes but I will remember the lack of communication when I need to replace the family minivan. You asked why people are canceling their orders...I understand them, service is important to them as much as the car. I bought 10 new GM cars and I'll probably buy more but the General has certainly given me reason to shop with a little more care next time.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think that when more cars get on the road and people start seeing them,th will really get popular.Pontiac really hasn,t advertized the car alot,I know it was on the apprentics,but everyone doesn,t watch that.I,ve taked to alot of people about the car and very few had heard of it,and I still haven,t seen one on the road and I live near Atl.Just wait till they see it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think the truth is the general is not setup yet for selling cars in this method. With the exception of the 'vette all their other cars are sold off the dealers lot from inventory. You walk up, look at a bunch and say I'll take the green one.

I think they are getting a crash course in pre-ordered cars which is a much more customer-facing thing.

This was brought up by some of the people in Hilton Head to GM since it was a huge pain point all spring and summer and appears will continue as long as this backlog of orders exists. I think someone reported they want to expose the info to the end-customer but that takes time I guess.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pterosaur said:
I can track a $3.99 wheel of cheese from Wisconsin to Delaware and you're telling me one of the biggest companies on the planet can't keep me informed on the whereabouts of my car? My car has been built for well over a month and they won't even acknowledge it's existence. They can, they choose not to.

Poor customer service has ruined many a good product/company. I too am going to wait as long as it takes but I will remember the lack of communication when I need to replace the family minivan. You asked why people are canceling their orders...I understand them, service is important to them as much as the car. I bought 10 new GM cars and I'll probably buy more but the General has certainly given me reason to shop with a little more care next time.
YOUR NEXT ORDER WILL BE SMOOTH REMEMBER WE ORDERED A NEW LAUNCH CAR

1 - 20 of 65 Posts