Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cricket was nice enough to look up my vom# and was able to get me a vin number then said call my dealer for a complete number and for updates on shipping. I was so excited I tried calling my dealer but he didn't return my phone call last night so I called customer support and they looked it up and gave me my full vin#. I went to my dealer this morning and they had no info, but they did say I was given a vin and my car was built but they got a memo from GM saying they needed more cars for testing so they took mine and told my dealer to resubmit the order and got me a new vom#. They said it won't delay me getting my car because it's a priority car. So thats what they did. Now I have a new VOM#.They said this happened to a few dealers. What a Bummer!!!!
I knew I wasn't going to get it this week because I'm a zero zipper, and they have to wait untill first 1000 get sent, but I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I went from joyful to impatient in about 2 min.

·
Registered
535 Posts
deluke said:
Cricket was nice enough to look up my vom# and was able to get me a vin number then said call my dealer for a complete number and for updates on shipping. I was so excited I tried calling my dealer but he didn't return my phone call last night so I called customer support and they looked it up and gave me my full vin#. I went to my dealer this morning and they had no info, but they did say I was given a vin and my car was built but they got a memo from GM saying they needed more cars for testing so they took mine and told my dealer to resubmit the order and got me a new vom#. They said it won't delay me getting my car because it's a priority car. So thats what they did. Now I have a new VOM#.They said this happened to a few dealers. What a Bummer!!!!
I knew I wasn't going to get it this week because I'm a zero zipper, and they have to wait untill first 1000 get sent, but I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I went from joyful to impatient in about 2 min.
I don't see how that could happen. I thought they were not going to produce any cars along side the 1st 1000.

G

·
deluke said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope they are right in that it won't delay your car.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
This hits me as one of the most peculiar moves on a manufacturers part. Assigning a built unit to a customer and then pulling that machine for testing, instead of just building another. If there were not multiple sightings I would call it all a fish tale.

·
Registered
535 Posts
:crazy:
achieftain said:
This hits me as one of the most peculiar moves on a manufacturers part. Assigning a built unit to a customer and then pulling that machine for testing, instead of just building another. If there were not multiple sightings I would call it all a fish tale.
They have how many hundreds of test cars and they need more. "something awfully strange is going on in here"

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I don't see how that could happen. I thought they were not going to produce any cars along side the 1st 1000.
Only not alongside SolSTice. They just are not shipping any others until after 1000, zerozip, and freemaintenance. First 1000 are not stricly first 1000 built, just first 1000 VIN's and shipped to retail.

·
Registered
535 Posts
achieftain said:
Only not alongside SolSTice. They just are not shipping any others until after 1000, zerozip, and freemaintenance. First 1000 are not stricly first 1000 built, just first 1000 VIN's and shipped to retail.
Are you sure about that? Slysol says he talked to a gm bigwig who assured him that only 1st 1000 were being built.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Are you sure about that? Slysol says he talked to a gm bigwig who assured him that only 1st 1000 were being built.
Just from what I've read here and GMlinedog inferring that more cars are being built than are being shipped.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Strange

GM is not big enough to resubmit the order themselves? The dealership must do the work?
GM can build it, take it away, but not start the paper tail to reinvent the wheel??

We may never get our "Tucker's"

:yawn:

·
Registered
242 Posts
A while ago, cdb and I took a ride to wilmington and someone from GM came out to talk to us, he thought we were spies, after all we were jumping up and down,drooling and had cameras. There were at least 200 Solstices in the lot. He told us they all had vin #, but they were not all 1k cars. He said every now and then a 1K car pops out.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
achieftain said:
I know this didn't sound right to me, but my dealer showed me the memo.The only thing I thought could of happened is that my car (and a few others) were made in error because they said frist 1000 were suppose to be built first, so when they realized there mistake they took the car away for a fleet car because then it wouldn't be for retail sales then re-submit mine. (or ours ,there are a few cars this happened to)

zero/zipper ct.

·
Registered
218 Posts
deluke said:
I know this didn't sound right to me, but my dealer showed me the memo.The only thing I thought could of happened is that my car (and a few others) were made in error because they said frist 1000 were suppose to be built first, so when they realized there mistake they took the car away for a fleet car because then it wouldn't be for retail sales then re-submit mine. (or ours ,there are a few cars this happened to)

zero/zipper ct.
Same thing happened to my order a few weeks ago. Got a new VOM# and i'm right back in the que at code 3100. Don't think it'll impact your delivery time at all. All zero zip cars should be made in the same week.

The memo i saw said they needed additional cars for evaluation purposes.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
achieftain said:

Mine is a zero zip priority. the dealer got one. I hope this doesn't delay mine, they said it wouldn't but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hyzer said:
Same thing happened to my order a few weeks ago. Got a new VOM# and i'm right back in the que at code 3100. Don't think it'll impact your delivery time at all. All zero zip cars should be made in the same week.

The memo i saw said they needed additional cars for evaluation purposes.

Isn't it a bummer? I know I heard that this happened to someone else,must of been you.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
wife of cdb said:
A while ago, cdb and I took a ride to wilmington and someone from GM came out to talk to us, he thought we were spies, after all we were jumping up and down,drooling and had cameras. There were at least 200 Solstices in the lot. He told us they all had vin #, but they were not all 1k cars. He said every now and then a 1K car pops out.
Yeah, all the spies I know jump up and down and drool. :lol: Sounds like they are just building cars left and right and then somebody yells "STop the line, we got a F1k here, everybody watch where they step. Okay, resume production." That makes it sound like they build so many, start inspecting a batch and the few that pass are promoted to F1k'ers.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Yes, we covered this in one or two threads at the end of July or first week of August.

They pulled about 86 or so orders that were in the system to built as a last batch of system test and evaluation cars. The cars were the last ones built before production started on the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Orders Solstices on July 25th. Hyzer was the first to bring it to light.

deluke's car must be ordered from Plaza, Mauro, Park or Curran.

The thread started as a rumor of big problems and finally became more defined by its end with the message about evaluation usage.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3740&highlight=hyzer

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.