Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I started having problems shifting down from 5th to 4th. It's like the shifter hits a wall. Temporarily I have been downshifting to 3rd and then up to 4th. 3rd to 4th feels normal and I haven't had any problems doing that yet.

It's probably a common manual trans issue but not one I've experienced.

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
Sounds like the 4th gear syncro is failing. This has been discussed in the past and while not common has happened to several members. Generally its with cars at or above 400 hp.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Generally its with cars at or above 400 hp.
Not necessarily. My transmission went out while I had DDM's stage 2 SC installed which was only 250hp-ish. I had the transmission replaced when I upgraded to stage 3. I will have my transmission for sale once I pull out both the engine and transmission for the V8 swap. Don't know how much I'm going to ask for it yet.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks both of you.

Sounds like even if I baby it it's only going to get worse. I just need it to last until winter when it should no longer be my dd.

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
Consider picking up a used tranny and having upgraded syncros installed. Then swap it out and sell the current one. I have a spare on the shelf. It was really cheap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts