Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason I can't open inserted links. When I click on any of them the screen "navigation canceled" appears.
It also won't let me cut and paste, the same screen comes up.
Any ideas.

·
Registered
612 Posts
It almost appears that your server or nanny-type software is blocking the access of the links. Are you trying to open them from work? I ask because our company's virus software blocks just about everything, so it kinda sounded familiar.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,200 Posts
It's not the forum software that is doing that. So it must be coming from a server or something else the data is passing through.

Just a thought, where are you when trying to access the forum?

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Is this your problem?
Navigation is canceled when you browse to Web pages that are in different Internet Explorer security zones
Applies to: Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-VWindows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-VWindows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems More
Symptoms
After you install security update 961260 (MS09-002) on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, you may experience a problem when you visit some Web pages that are in different Internet Explorer security zones. When the problem occurs, you receive a message that resembles the following:

Navigation to the webpage was canceled
This problem occurs if the navigation causes Protected Mode settings to change from On to Off. You can determine which Internet Explorer security zone a Web page is in by looking at the status bar at the bottom of the Internet Explorer 7 window.
Cause
This problem occurs because Internet Explorer 7 switches Protected Mode settings when certain Web pages are configured in the Trusted Sites area of the Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box. By default, Protected Mode is set to Off for Web sites that are configured in the Trusted Sites area.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still here. Nothing I have tried has worked yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts