Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
08 Sol GXP; Black
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Replaced a busted intake hose/nipple today and found what looks like a missing vacumm line cap. Maybe I busted it off when I vacuumed out a mouse nest from under the engine cover.
Can someone tell me what this is and if I’m missing something?

Also with the silicone intake from DDM, the nipple is longer than the OE plastic one; Any solutions for reducing the length of the braided vent line or nipple?

Attachments

· Registered
08 Sol GXP; Black
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it like this. Its a manual, aftermarket exhaust; I suspect with some kind of tune.. Out of the corner of my eye I swear that on occasion i see the check engine light flicker, like it is forced off.

Thank you. I appreciate your advice and will reconnect the vacuum lines. A Tube cutter should work to shorten the turbo intake nipple.

Was it also common for people to fill the rear end with epoxy or some other filler to stiffen it?

· Registered
08 Sol GXP; Black
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KG, The metal tube is glued into the red intake hose so it seems that connection is good. Can add a clamp for good measure though. The metal tube as received has no ridge like the OE hose for the black plastic end of the vent hose to bite over/onto.
Have not checked boost lately, the first few days I was running around i know I saw boost up to 18 psi on the dash display; not sure at what rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts